“Decent room for the price”

Ramada Jamaica/Queens
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Rochester, New York, United States
“Decent room for the price”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I chose this hotel because my daughter attends St. John's University and I wanted to be as close as I could be so she could easily get to me and vice versa. I have stayed at other hotels but I picked this one this time because it is only .8 miles from the University. I realized it didn't matter but the price was reasonable and the hotel was better than I thought. The room was clean, beds ok (pillows a little uncomfortable). The staff was friendly enough. The window really isolated the noise from outside. I didn't even realize I was in NYC. However when there was noise in the hallway it was loud and clear. Had to endure a couple's fight at about 7 am one morning. The bad....there was a smell in the hallway that was a combination of fish and Indian food. Also the neighborhood is not great. Not many restaurants to choose from in the area. Good if you are just sleeping and going elsewhere for other activities. Close to subway F line which is nice. I agree with other reviews that I had trouble with the TV and had to turn it on and off a few times.

Room Tip: The room was actually pleasantly surprising compared to the neighborhood and outside. Clean and no...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kare17

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Slovak first
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Only thing I would change is that u cant check in b4 3pm but they do allow u to leave ur bags in the loby with them. Rooms were clean, location is great, staff is friendly and efficient and we had fun goin back very soon.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Jamaica hotels
Comfort Inn
Howard Johnson Jamaica NY Near Airtrain JFK
Sleep Inn JFK Airport
Sleep Inn JFK Airport
#13 of 30 in Jamaica

Been to Ramada Jamaica/Queens? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Jamaica/Queens

Property: Ramada Jamaica/Queens
Address: 16440 Hillside Ave, Jamaica, NY 11432-4141
Location: United States > New York > Queens > Jamaica
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Ramada Jamaica/Queens 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Jamaica/Queens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Queens Hotel Jamaica