“Service and maintennce below average for Ramada standard”

Ramada Jamaica/Queens
Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Slovak first
Jamison, Pa
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because I was working on a Habitat for Humanity project and this was the hotel where all the volunteers were staying. It was reasonably clean, but the towels were kind of old and well worn, but seemed clean. The TV was interesting. When I turned it on, there was no sound. If I turned it off and turned it back on, I got sound. This happened routinely during the stay. The hotel wasn't in a great part of town. I did not have breakfast at the hotel, nor did I use any of the other facilities. I can't imagine that I would stay here again because I don't expect to visit this area again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Pasadena, California
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel August 2103. We choose to stay at this hotel because it was near St. Johns University and the hotel is near a subway and a short cab ride from JFK costing $25. There is no porter services at the hotel. If you are going to need help with your luggage this is not the hotel for you. The desk staff are not very helpful with anything. The area where the hotel is located appears not to be nice; yet, we walked around day and night with no problem. The F subway line is a few short blocks from the hotel. We would arrive in most nights after midnight and it was fine. Granted my husband is a big guy.
The hotel room was a nice size for NYC. The bed was comfortable. The first thing I noticed in the bathroom was the towels. The were so shabby. I had to take a picture and send it to friends. I had never been to a hotel that had holes in the towels. It was pretty awful. I immediately began looking for another hotel; however, we had to attend many early morning events at the University so we remained. Upon check out before call a car service for the airport, we noticed that there was a bus stop in front of the hotel that went to JFK. The guy at the front desk acted as if he didn't know this. I have to believe that the car service is give the hotel kick backs.

The best thing about this hotel was the location of the subway. It was very convenient. We we downtown and at the University most of the time. We only slept and bathed at the hotel. So, it wasn't that bad.

This hotel is the closest hotel to the University, so, I will probably stay again. I will bring my own towels and some clorox wipes. CLOROX WIPES are necessary .

P.S The breakfast was not good........

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed here for one night, until our 5th Ave apartment was ready.

Was a great place to stay after a long flight, friendly staff, good rooms well appointed, clean.
great b/fast, good choices, fresh, good quality..

will stay here again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AlansWorldTravels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jamaica
Comfort Inn
Hillside Hotel
Hillside Hotel
#17 of 30 in Jamaica
Days Inn & Suites Jamaica JFK Airport

Been to Ramada Jamaica/Queens? Share your experiences!