“Good.”

Ramada Jamaica/Queens
Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I went to NYC for my birthday in May. We decided to take mass transportation everywhere so as soon as we arrived to La Guardia we took the Q48 bus. But we really had to take the Q31 to Queens. Surprisingly enough we were dropped off two blocks from Hillside. There is a large Indian community on this street and quite a bit of traffic which made me feel very safe and comfortable. The hotel was good. They don't let you check in until 3pm but they allowed us to check in earlier, that was very nice of them. The hotel is close to the F line that brings you into Manhattan. A lot of people say it takes 40 minutes but it felt more like 30 minutes or less. I LOVED taking the subway everywhere. The rooms are an adequate size. We did not spend much time in our room, just to sleep. The beds were comfy. The hotel is on a busy street so you do hear police sirens go off during the day and the night. But overall its a good hotel for a GREAT price. The breakfast was pretty good. Just ate it once but they have all you need for breakfast!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 20, 2012

I stayed here for 4 days. Location is not so great but it is near to a subway station.Rooms are clean and comfortable. Free wi-fi is far from reliable.The complimentary breakfast is terrible and monotonous.

Room Tip: Rooms in the lower floor have too much traffic noise
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RanjithP
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Stayed here for one night. Very clean room with wi-fi, iron and board. Close to JFK. Located on a one way street which can be hard to access with all of the buses. NO on-site parking so had to pay $20.00 down the street.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2012

All hotels use a "system" to manage reservations and billing, but the staff is there to make sure the hotel operations are running smoothly and this is where the Ramada management is a complete failure. The "system" lost my double room reservation and the staff offered me two single rooms at full price?! I wanted to pay for my 15 nights up front, but the "system" could allow that. Imagine any business not taking full payment up front, mind boggling. Because i wanted two kinds of rooms over 15 days, a double then a single, i needed two reservations in the "system". Because i never got the double room and had to take the single, i was still made to check out and recheck into the same room i was originally stuck with. On recheck in the staff informed me my card wasn't being accepted by the "system" and i was forced to go get cash from the same card to pay for my room. When i asked why my card could withdraw cash and the "system" couldn't read it, shouldn't they look into why the "system" can't get anything right? The staff just shrugged and said that the system has the final word. The final and worse insult came when the desk clerk told me i could pay for my last two nights on Friday and when i went down to the lobby, another clerk said my room was booked online and that i had 1 hour to leave! I stayed 13 out of a planned 15 nights and was made to feel like a broke deadbeat and had to be evicted. This is a bargain hotel, but everyone is better off paying $10-$15 more a night for hotel that understands a human staff runs a hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank McRichard
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I sent a review in September 2011 and was told that I would get a refund, but to this day I have not received anything in the mail or even a credit to my credit card. I am not happy with the service , I was also told the manager of the hotel would give me a call to apologize, have never heard from him. I WONDER if he was ever confronted about my complainant,. At this point I will never use the RAMADA QUEENS AGAIN.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Janel S
Reviewed January 12, 2012

For October 2011, I planned a 6-night trip to New York City, and needed to travel on a budget, so decided to look for hotels in Queens rather than Manhattan. This Ramada came up as one of the better candidates, thanks to its proximity to a number of subway trains directly serving Manhattan.

I booked this hotel via Ramada Corporate website, but after reading many negative feedbacks here at TripAdvisor as well as a few other travel websites, I canceled 44 minutes after booking. The stated cancellation policy allowed for no-penalty cancellation up until 3PM before my planned arrival date. I received proper cancellation confirmation from the Ramada Corporate website.

Nevertheless I was charged TWICE for the no-show one-night charge. I immediately called the property, but the female manager with accented English would outright refuse to help me, telling me to simply call Ramada Corporate. Ramada Corporate was very surprised to hear that the hotel would not even deal with me for the charge dispute, and started to look into this matter, and I eventually disputed the charge directly with my credit card company.

One of the charges was dropped, but the other charge still remains, and the hotel maintains that I was a no-show. I have submitted proof of cancellation policy and cancellation confirmation to my credit card issuer, and the fight still goes on at this time.

My New York City visit was eventually shortened to 4 nights, and booked at a different property with far better location and customer service.

Needless to say, I will never book here again, and I will never recommend a property that breaks its own policies and helps itself to my money.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank skinnylawyer
Reviewed December 23, 2011

My family recently spent a few days at the Ramada in Jamaica Queens. My husband and I are native New Yorkers so we knew the area prior to booking. We have been away from NYC for over 20 years so we were not sure what to expect. We were presently surprised to find a nice comfortable hotel in the heart of Jamaica Queens. The room was nice and the bathroom was decent as well. The water was hot (which I love) and the shower pressure was good too. The continental breakfast was basic,bagels, coffee, tea, cereal etc. There are places nearby to eat but it is nice to have a quick bite if needed. The checkin and checkout process was very efficient. The area is multicultural and shopping is abundant. Overall a good value. The hotel is also convenient for travel to any part of NYC. You can either take a bus or a train both are in walking distance. You could take the bus and train to the airport but it is a bit time consuming whereas a cab would cost you $20.

Room Tip: Our room was at the end of a hall on the 7th floor. It was very quiet and had a good view of Hillsid...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Loeylo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jamaica
Howard Johnson Inn Queens
Best Western Queens Court Hotel
Hampton Inn NY - JFK
Hampton Inn NY - JFK
#2 of 30 in Jamaica

Been to Ramada Jamaica/Queens? Share your experiences!