“Good place to stay in New York”

Ramada Jamaica/Queens
Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Prague, Czech Republic
“Good place to stay in New York”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We've stayed there for few nights and we were satisfied. It is a good hotel easily accesable from Manhattan. Half an hour by subway to get there. Subway station is 10 minutes of walking. Perfect breakfast, hotel is nice and clean. Also the service there is good. One way trip to Kennedy's Airport costs about $20. Would choose again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jan M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Slovak first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We booked this hotel for overnightstay next to JFK airport. The hotel is not far from the airport, however they don't provide transportation to/from the airport. Breakfast starts at 6.00am, so be sure you are in time for your flight. Free internet, free parking. Rooms are big and clean, a little dated. The price was reasonable (80.00 usd) especially for NY hotels.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank maxim_mos
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We were visiting a friend at St. Johns University, so the location was good. The subway to Manhattan is 4 blocks in either direction and buses are available in all directions. We found the front desk staff to be communicative and helpful. Breakfast was limited - toast, pastries, bagels, juice and coffee.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank gpotvin
Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I have stayed there for 19 nights all was going good till i got a news from my Bank that my credit card limit has exhausted. The counter staff is pathetic especially the lady by the name of Nadirat .

Bewere not to let them charge you any extra penny as they will sure charge you just the way i am charged. When you tell them to reverse the same they will always give you the excuse to talk to their manager and manager time they tell u will always be the one on which you could not be available

So pls for your own sake, do check what u are being charged and watch for the counter staff that is pathetic and dont even have manners to talk to the guest.

I was literaly got call from front desk at 1 am in the morning that i must come down to settle the bills and when i said i am in my sleep then i was told to come down in 10 mins

Regards

Room Tip: Dont let them charge twice for any night u spent.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Khurram444401

Travelers are raving about these Jamaica hotels

Ukna, Sweden
Reviewed October 13, 2011

If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, better to stay in Manhattan. However, this hotel is a 15 minute taxi ride from JFK. Public transportation is everywhere, walk a few blocks down, and catch the subway for a 30 minute train ride to Manhattan. The room was clean, bed was comfy, hotel staff a little rude, but, after all you're in New York! Overall, I enjoyed my stay, and will definitely stay again!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed October 6, 2011

My Girlfriend and I were not pleased at all. I feel Ramada as a company has a great hotel, but this was an independently owned Ramada run by Indians who have no concept of customer service and appreciation.
It started off with normal procedure; we booked a room there in advance on priceline.com. We arrived and one lady was talking on the phone in her native language for about 5 minutes, with us and some other customer who came in behind us, and acted like she could care less that we were there. I could hardly stand being there in the lobby area/front desk because there were people smoking!
So, when she finally got off the phone, we were hassled because it was booked under her Mom’s credit card, even though we booked it with our names. She said we could not check in. I said we just came all the way from VT and that was unacceptable service, and that we had just been traveling for 6 hours and wanted to just go rest in our room for a bit and she threatened to call the cops on us! Really?!?
We had to call my girlfriends Mom and have her leave work to fax us a copy of her photo ID (huge inconvenience) and finally they let us in. To make a long story short, anytime we needed service, they told us to hang on, and really took a while to do anything.
Overall bad service, I would not recommend this in particular Ramada to anyone traveling through Queens, NY.

Room Tip: I've never been hassled so much for an ID to match the card being used, If you book this Ramada...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
St. George's, Grenada
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I have been going to this hotel everytime I travel to New York. It is ok for location but the staff at the front desk are the worst I have ever experienced . The lady did not greet me nicely and they do not go out of their way to speak English . They tried to take money of my credit card and I had secure the room already. Also, they cancelled my reservations with trying to contact my travel agent ( who had made the reservation for me ) . I am a world traveller and have NEVER been treated like this before. They all need to go back to HOSPITALITY SCHOOL.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family