“location, location, location”

Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 7, 2013

perfectly located for someone catching a plane from JFK. As with many Sheratons, your dining choices are limited to the hotel but they do manage to crank out decent meals. Surprisingly quiet from road noise and aircraft movements. We did have a bit of a time finding it (the taxi driver had never been there) but managed very well after that. Shuttle was convenient, timely and very helpful with the luggage.

Room Tip: Did not use the pool or spa. Think about whether upgrading to club level is worth it. The biggest...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We knew we were getting into JFK late and needed a place to crash. I made a reservation at the Sheraton JFK with Starwood Points. We met the shuttle at JFK and it was a quick ride to The Sheraton. When we got there it was brightly lit and had classy decorations for fall. The lobby is nice, big, and clean. We were met in the lobby by Abdell who checked us in. Abdell was great! He made us feel so welcome and made sure we knew everything that was available. He even helped us to have some food delivered. Again, can’t say enough about how great the service was when e checked in.

Our room was on the concierge suite and was really nice. Clean, Big, Comfortable. The bathroom was really nice with a great shower.

We sat at the bar as we waited for our food to be delivered and we felt so welcome. The bartender was great and all of the guest really enjoyed hanging out there. As the bartender started to close down the bar (she stayed open later than normal because there were late guest arriving) she insisted that we hang out as we waited for our food and assured us it was no problem. We never felt like “we should go”. Again, GREAT SERVICE!

I the morning there was breakfast in the Concierges Suite and it was really good. I grabbed some food and took it back to the room where my wife and I fell back asleep. When we woke up it was late. I called the front desk and apologized for over sleeping missing check out. We were told it was “No Problem” and to “take all the time we needed”.

When we finally got it together the check out was great and friendly. The Shuttle was right there to take us back to JFK to catch the train to NYC.

This is a great place to layover at JFK. One of the best Airport hotels I‘ve stayed at. . . EVER. Great service, clean, and friendly! Stay here and say “Hi” to Abdell!

Room Tip: We stayed on the Concierge Suite floor, We highly recommend it! Enjoy the hotel bar!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sam1496, Front Office Manager at Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Sir/ Madame, Thank you for choosing the Sheraton hotel, We are so excited to hear that we were able to meet your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to everyone expecially ABDEL. We hope to serve you in the near future, thank you again for taking the time out to share with future guests.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Nothing beats being close to the airport especially when you have an early flight to catch. My stay was comfortable and restful. The reception and checking were swift and splendid. The rooms are spacious and nicely furnished.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Sam1496, Front Office Manager at Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Good Evening,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to review our Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and had a pleasant time. I also want to thank you for recognizing our staff, we always aim for the best when it comes to our guests.

Thanks again we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I'm stunned as I read the reviews of this hotel. In my opinion, it's all that you want in an airport hotel. It's very convenient to JFK - got there in under 10 minutes for a morning flight. The front desk staff were efficient and cordial. The room is nicely appointed, attractively furnished, and quiet. Extremely quiet. We had an early morning flight from JFK and this hotel was perfect.

I booked this room thru Priceline, requesting a 4 star hotel, and paid about $150 including service fees and taxes. Honestly, I would have paid more. I suspect that the negative reviews have ulterior motives or just overly fussy.

If you're traveling, this is a great hotel to make your early morning connection.

Room Tip: Great hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Hello,

Thank you so much for the AMAZING review regarding our hotel and staff. We take pride in our hotel, we strive for excellence when dealing with our guest. We want each and every encounter with our staff to be a pleasant one, from the front desk agents to the housekeeping staff.

I will definitely share your comments with the team.

Again thank you so much!!!!!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Having a early flight, I went to JFK the day before.No problem of a time clock on the way to airport.I checked at 4pm . The staff and the front desk treated like a VIP.The first thing I noticed was the rich wood paneling,made me think I was in a NYC Private club.The people you know me the next thing I checked out is the Bar and it was well stocked and the food was great
Next i went to the room it was large and nice This hotel still had movies on demand my down fall got some soda and chips and watched a movie.in the morning I had breakfast at the hotel ,full breakfast no buffet. I took the hotel shuttle over to jet blue to deal with the wonderfull people T.S.A. as we get older our tolerance of BS gets less .That is why I get to jfk the day before i know dealing with a 2 hour plus car trip,watching the clock and parking the car and then dealing with tsa would have me in airport jail

Room Tip: If you go to bed early or sleep late get a room on a higher foor in the back Conduit is a noisey roa...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Sam1496, Front Office Manager at Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Good Evening,
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a survey about our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and had a great time. We also want to thank you for recognizing our staff, we aim for excellence in customer service.

I will definitely pass on your great feedback to all the department managers and staff members.

Again thank you so much for your great feedback,

SAMANTHA WATSON

Front Office Supervisor
t— 718.322.7190 f— 718.322.7191

SHERATON JFK AIRPORT HOTEL
132-26 S Conduit Avenue, Jamaica, New York 11430

sheratonjfk.com

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Not one of Sheratons shining stars, in a neighbourhood where you can't go out at night, but for an overnight prior to an early flight, it does what it has to do.

As others mention, fantastic, friendly, helpful staff from check-in to shuttle drivers to bartenders.

Areas that need attention..
- TV in room didn't work.
- Clock radio had "auto time set" with no way to adjust . Problem was the clock was 15 minutes behind. I had a backup but good thing I noticed rather than scrambling for my early flight.
- Bed was ok, but box spring was quite squeaky.
- Noisy hallway. Was woken up at 2am by a group of revelers, and again at 4 by someone banging on several doors to waking up his crew.

I discovered TV and clock late evening so didn't complain to staff, but let them know in the morning.

Additionally, they add in a 15% service charge in the restaurant. I asked and tip did go to staff, but still kind of sneaky.

Room Tip: Higher floor away from highway
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Hello Good Evening,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our Hotel and thank you also for recognizing out staff members regarding their friendliness. I will forward your comments to each department manager.

I'm glad you mentioned areas where we need to excel in. We use these feedbacks as training material in hopes to get it correct the next time.

Please, if you are ever in the nyc area and staying with us please stop by the front desk and ask for me.

Again thank you for your survey,

SAMANTHA WATSON

Front Office Supervisor
t— 718.322.7190 f— 718.322.7191

SHERATON JFK AIRPORT HOTEL
132-26 S Conduit Avenue, Jamaica, New York 11430

sheratonjfk.com

Reviewed October 16, 2013

One must be fair - most airport hotels are hit run affairs. One stays at them for the convenience and little else. One must also be fair JFK is an awful airport. If Congress cannot get its act together one wonders how the authorities that run JFK can get theirs together. The delays are legendary and completely unacceptable. Returning to the hotel - it is old and tired . At least the bed sheets were clean and the bed comfortable. Moreover the staff were courteous particularly those in the shockingly down market restaurant. How Sheraton can justify a charge of $309 for the 'privilege' of staying at this property is beyond me. I shall never stay there again. Both Sheraton and JFK officials should jump on an Emirates A380 and check out the A380 concourse and concourse hotel in Dubai. They might just then begin to understand why my criticisms are not only warranted but fair. Sheraton - don't apologize - I am not coming back!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Andrew M

Dear Mr. Andrew M,
Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback with our hotel, we take each and every one of the feedback seriously. Our goal is to make each of the guest’s experience comfortable and enjoyable. I'm very disappointed you weren't 100% satisfied with our Hotel. I thank you for recognizing our staff and the service they provided you with. I would like to discuss with more in detail. I can be reached at Sheraton Hotel 718 322 7190 ext 2108.