“Best tour ever”
Review of Jeffrey Tastes Food Tours - CLOSED

Jeffrey Tastes Food Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Jeffrey Tastes Food Tours are guided tours in the most diverse area of the most diverse city in the world - Just a 15 minute train ride from Midtown Manhattan. Taste the cultures of 10 countries in one tour or experience the best street food in the city. Walking with Jeff Orlick, you'll meet locals and investigate the ever-changing immigrant culture of Queens, New York City.
Perth
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Best tour ever”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Quite possibly the best tour I have ever been on & a great introduction to Queens, an area most tourists probably wouldn't explore on their own, but well worth the subway ride.

Jeff is a great guide, informative, friendly & definitely knows this area well. The food was amazing, from steamed momo's to mashed plantains to pizza - it was all delicious & nice to experience something local.

I couldn't recommend this tour enough & would probably do it all over again if I ever went back to NYC.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank mel1711

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Mouthwatering Experience”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Living in East London I thought I'd tasted a lot of different cuisines, so was surprised by all the new dishes that I'd never heard of before! Jeff personalised the tour for us so that we tried stuff that wasn't so familiar (Indian food etc). Really enjoyed the variety of foods we tasted - introduced to unusual dishes like tingmo & jackfruit curry. Also exciting to discover Queens- very different feel to other places we'd visited in NYC.

I'd highly recommend it if you want something a little different from your New York trip - go on, be brave, venture out of Manhattan!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Hannah K
sarahalulajohn
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Highlight of our NY trip”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Despite the horrendous downpour and lashing winds, Jeff took us on the coolest trip through Queens. We tried Nepali, Tibetan, Indian, Ecuadorian, Colombian and Italian food in our three hours. Jeff was brilliantly flexible, running over because we were late and taking us not just to hidden away restaurants up flights of stairs that no tourist in a million years would ever find, but also to cool little shops like the Botanica run by two Chilean sisters who told us all about Santeria...It was fascinating seeing how the area changed literally block by block, in just a few steps...from Indian to Tibetan to Mexican...and so on. A totally global experience. Only in NY!

We drank yak butter tea and were given a taste experience unlike any I've ever had. The highlight was one of the food vans in the south american part - where we had Ecuadorian street food. All in all totally awesome.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank sarahjohnalula
San Francisco, California, United States
“Great, fun, funky tour”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I'm from San Francisco, here on business, and signed up for Jeff's tour. He is very knowledgeable about all the various ethnic groups and knows a lot of the merchants. We got to sample lots of non-fancy ethnic food and poke into some local shops. He really knows Queens and is a pleasure to be with.

Visited July 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A delicious introduction to a world of amazing cuisines in NYC”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband and I have been lucky enough to savor two Queens food explorations organized by Jeff -- the latest was the fun and scrumptious Jackson Heights Momo (Himalayan dumpling ) Crawl. Although we're longtime New Yorkers and fairly new residents of Queens, we realized we'd only scratched the surface of this vibrant global food community before joining Jeff's Momo tour and Nepali Ambassador Dinner.

Visited June 2012