“Nice Stay, Good Location”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Boston, MA
“Nice Stay, Good Location”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Overall this was a good stay. We were satisfied with our accommodations and the rest of the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The gentleman that ran the breakfast station was particularly friendly. The rooms are mostly renovated. Rooms with 2 queen beds felt just a bit cramped with the large dresser, TV, and desk with chair, but it is workable. The fitness center is a bit cramped too. The way the A/C cycles made us feel hot while it was off, then cold while it was on.
Location was perfect for us. We were there to visit some location state parks, gorges, and waterfalls, as well as take a look at the universities. The location provided easy access to everything. Plenty of restaurants and stores nearby also.
There are a few things that could use attention in the hotel, but in general it is nice enough. We chose this hotel over our usual hotel chain because we feel we got a good last minute rate, and we'd likely stay again if we could get a similar rate in the future. Also they allow pets, which is nice.

Room Tip: At least some of the first floor rooms have sliding doors right out to the parking lot. If you want...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vision337
Jennifer F, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Vision337,
Thank you for complimenting our staff. They are an exceptional group of people. I will pass your comments on to our breakfast individual Angelo as well. He is wonderful to have in the morning. We are close to everything as you stated, a great location for everything Ithaca. We are looking into the AC issue you experienced in the fitness center. Thank you for letting us know. We hope to have you stay with us again.
Jennifer Foster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Granite Falls, Washington
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The toilet in our room had not been cleaned and there was mold on the shower curtain. We paid $160/night for the room -- we expected a clean bathroom. The breakfast selection wasn't overwhelming. The only positive I could say is that the man who greeted us at check-in was very friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TracyWfromWA
Jennifer F, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear TracyWfromWA,
Thank you for complimenting our desk person upon check in. I appreciate all feedback, good and bad. There is always room for improvement. I am upset to hear the rest of your comments. I do expect much more from the staff. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us. I will be using your comments in our staff discussion. Thank you.
Jennifer Foster

Travelers are raving about these Ithaca hotels

Aston
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We checked in with Josh. He was just wonderful, friendly as could be. We soon met Sarah, also a great person. Both of them were helpful and knowledgeable with info about the area. They both treated us like old friends. The next morning the woman who took the omelet order as well as the cook were also very friendly and cheery.

1 Thank 443GhH
Jennifer F, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear 443GhH,
Thank you so much for complimenting Josh, Sarah and our morning breakfast individuals. They are a great group of people. We are very proud to have them all here. They are exceptional. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to a return visit.
Regards,
Weston, Florida
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Saying this place is average is only because shabby has become the new average. At least the staff were pleasant, if a bit chatty, and you can have breakfast. Like so many of the lodgings available in Ithaca the prices can be called nothing but exploitative. I would stay there again if nothing else were available.

1 Thank Bruce F
Dear Bruce F,
Thank you for the compliment regarding the staff. They are a nice group of people to work with. We are trying to improve the hotel. We are looking forward to renovations. The whole staff is excited for the changes. We do hope you return to visit us once we have completed to see our changes.
Dover, New Jersey
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The Whole staff at this hotel from front desk to housekeeping made me and my whole family feel right at home. Great place to stay close to downtown. would recommend .although not in town to visit cornell or Ithaca college it is about a ten min drive to both campus from hotel and five minute drive to the commons where all the local restaurants are.

Room Tip: Stay here if u want great service from the staff!
2 Thank 827Karla
Jennifer F, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear 827Karla,
We do have a great location. Close to everything to see and do that Ithaca offers. Thank you for complimenting the staff. They are an exceptional group of individuals and are a pleasure to work with. I will forward your comments to them as well. Thank you.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have recently stayed 2 days at this hotel due to my daughter going to college here. The hallway to the rooms look dark and dreary. It takes forever for the bathroom lights to come on. The bed linens are wrinkled as if they just take the linen out of the dryer, stuff them on the housekeeping carts and put them on the bed. The beds looked sloppy. The room had a smell to it. The bathroom looked clean however, the piece of glass that they put the shampoo and stuff on, it had leftover soap residue. It looked like they just put new stuff on it and didn't even bother to wipe it down. I questioned the overall cleanliness. I combined the garbage bags into one bag and the garbage cans needed to be washed out. There was old liquid build up in the one can. The housekeeping staff look sloppy, dress sloppy or wrinkled.
The front desk staff service was pretty good. Friendly. The tall young man was very friendly and helpful. He provided us with local maps and activities we may be interested in. There was however, one girl that was loud and boastful. Every time we walked through the lobby, she would be sitting down playing on facebook. Maybe she could be less obvious if she used the computer facing the small dining area? I walked through the hallway on one occasion while the entrance to the hallway was propped open and could hear her conversations about another staff member. The lobby echos and her voice being loud, I could still hear her half way down the hall. On the plus side, her service was pretty good and she knew about many of the local restaurants. I would suggest she tone it down (or keep the door shut) and pay attention to what she says as she doesn't seem to care who may be listening. Also, smiling and greeting people should take precedence over facebook.

Kwalynn,
Thank you for letting us know. This is not what we expect for our employees, it is disappointing and upsetting to hear this kind of behavior. It is not acceptable or professional. I appreciate your comments regarding our housekeeping department. This is not the standards we hold ourselves to. I will be making changes to fix these issues. Thank you for letting me know so I can correct this.
Regards,
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

I stay here frequently on business and I have to say that this is one of the worst Comfort Inns I have had the misfortune of staying at. I'm banking my Choice Points for a trip to Florida which is why I stay here. The room smelled and they put these little air fresheners between the bed and the nightstands which makes the room smell worst. The ac unit was rusted and filthy with hair on it. There was dust and dirt along the baseboard and the chair was badly stained. This was definitely a bad experience. The bathrooms were recently renovated so they were not too bad. On the plus side the staff is awesome and they go out of their way to accommodate you. The free breakfast is OK but nothing special. I am very disappointed with the hotel as a whole and the cleaning staff needs to be reminded how to properly clean a room. I definitely would not recommend the Comfort Inn in Ithaca.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Kevin B,
Thank you for posting. I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered when staying with us. It is disappointing to hear we fell below your expectations and ours. We always need to hear feedback to improve ourselves and we will definitely use this to make changes and improvements. Thank you.