“New Bedding at the Comfort”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was back in Ithaca last week and the Comfort now has new bedding. It certainly made a huge difference in the way the hotel looked. I happened to have my camera as I was photographing the water falls, so I took some pictures. Not only are they much nicer to look at, they are comfortable as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
ComfortInn356, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

The pictures look great! Thank you so much! We had many options for our new bedding and I am glad to see the positive response to the colors we picked. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed in this hotel with a friend and her family for 3 days. The area is convenient for everything, which means a short drive to restaurants, shops and waterfall attractions such as Robert Treman State park and the Buttermilk waterfall, along with other many waterfalls. It is also a short drive to Cornell University. The guy in the reception area was very helpful and providing tips to navigate the places we want to go. The complimentary breakfast was good as they provided hot breakfast. There's also a free Wi-Fi inside our room.

1  Thank nygirltraveller

We do have a great location at our hotel! We are in a place where parking is convenient and still minutes away from all the sites of Ithaca. I am happy to hear our staff was accommodating, thank you! We look forward to having you on any future visits to our area.
Best

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

This was ok, not fantastic but ok. The best thing it has going is its location. Tons of restaurants, Walmart, kohls, bed neath and beyond type shopping around and straight line into Cornell. The beds were just ok, definitely not the white crisp wonderful linens of other hotels but it was adequate. The lady at front desk was not very warm and friendly and don't bother asking if you can check in early....I got a brisk verbal kick in the butt when I asked very nicely. I would still stay here again though if I couldn't get a room at one of my favorites. And because everything books up so quickly during events at Cornell, I will likely be back

• Stayed: August 2013
ComfortInnMngt, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding our staff and property. I apologize for the inconvenience and will address your comments with the staff. We are always trying to improve ourselves for our guests. I hope to see you gain in the future. Thank you for your comments on improving.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Great location: close to Cornell University and lots of restaurants nearby; short drive to a couple of state park such as Robert Treman State park and Watkins Glen State park. The inn is well maintained and very clean. Breakfast is adequate and well served. Free coffee in the lobby and free WiFi in the room are a bonus.

1  Thank Hzhou

Thank you for taking the time to post about us on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and had a good experience! We always like to hear good comments about our hotel. i hope you will join us again in the future if you are in the area.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

At our recent stay, while one of my sons attended a football camp at Ithaca College, the staff at the Comfort Inn went above and beyond normal expectations to make things right for us when there were no roll-away beds available -- and we appreciate it very much. I want to thank them publicly on this site - so that future prospective room renters will not hesitate to book here. Although you won't be staying in luxury accommodations, what we were given were clean rooms, with mattresses that felt fairly new and comfortable to sleep on. The bathroom was clean and updated within the last 5 or so years (not as tired and dated as some reviewers made it sound) The towels were abundant and plenty for the 3 people staying the night.

My only two concerns with the room were that it smelled a bit like cigarette smoke when we entered the room. I "fixed/masked" this by spraying the room with the Febreeze spray that I traveled with. (I bring it with me on trips to mask unpleasant room odors) I sprayed it and left to eat dinner -- When we returned, the room smelled better, but still a lingering smoke smell. The other "issue" was that the ground floor accommodations have a sliding glass door to the outside. I felt a little uneasy with this -- and wish it was simply a window that could be locked. They did provide a lock bar, which was in place, but I still would rather not have the slider at all on a first floor room. There was a full black-out window curtain, but no sheer curtains to be able to open to get light into the room and have a little shielding/privacy from the outside without totally blocking the light. There were 2 motorcycles "parked" right outside our sliding door from the room occupants next door. Breakfast was adequate, and plentiful (if you're looking for something quick -- it's not too bad)

All in all - I would stay here again on our next return trip to Ithaca College in the fall. The price was much more reasonable compared to other comparably rated hotels in the area -- and the trade off of not having a totally renovated new hotel was worth the extra savings in our opinion.

Room Tip: If you're concerned about safety and don't like having a sliding glass window to the outside...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInnMngt, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time in commending our staff as well as the areas we could have improved upon. We look forward to your return trip and would be happy to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We needed two nights in July to visit nearby Ithaca College. The hotel is showing its age as many carpets could be replaced. There is no elevator in this two-story facility and we had to haul four bicycles and luggage up a flight. The rooms were acceptable and comfortable although also a bit old without the comforters and pile of pillows many travelers have come to expect. The walls and doors are not particularly well insulated so we did hear other guests. Service, however, was very good. After a hotel error in booking resulting in the wrong room assignment, the staff member quickly and easily accommodated our needs. The free breakfast was fine.

Room Tip: This is hard to say. Our rooms were in the back where there wasn't any road noise. However, the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInnMngt, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Thank you for your time in commenting on your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear the service was very good. I appreciate your comments regarding the property and will be addressing those as well. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Booked this hotel through Hotwire, and expect more when paying over $100. Hotels in Ithaca are generally expensive compared to let's say Syracuse.

There is not enough light in the room. Rooms on the first floor either look to the parking lot, or back fence. There are no enclosed patios, so there is no privacy if you leave the drapes open.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ezra
ComfortInnMngt, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We make every attempt to listen to the concerns of our guests. We hope that when you return to the Ithaca area, you will stay with us again.