“Good stay”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed here 1 night while taking my son on a college visit to Cornell and was pleased. Reading some of the other reviews, I wonder if we were staying at the same hotel. Our room was clean, looked updated, comfy beds, nice bedding and pillows, flat screen tv and good wireless internet reception. Front desk was helpful for check in/reccommeding local restaurant for dinner. I feel sorry for the folks who ate at the diner across the road if it was so bad, but I asked the front desk and he didn't recommend it but had a list of local restaurants to give me for various tastes and budget. Is close to a very commericial area (WalMart, etc) and chain restaurants or fast food if you want them (Five Guys Burgers is great, if you don't have those near you, try it). Breakfast included waffles, eggs, yogurt, etc. Typical and fine hotel for this class. Would stay again definately..

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cececole
ComfortInnMngt, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you for your positive response about our hotel. We hope you will stay with us again when visiting your son at Cornell. We also have a complimentary shuttle service to and from the University.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Travelling across New England we stayed in Ithaca thinking the lakes would have something to offer; what a mistake!
The hotel was brown and dark from the rooms to the corridors.

The staff were indifferent and eating anywhere nearby is impossible - what ever you do, under no circumstances eat in the diner immediately across the road.

Stopping here was the biggest mistake we made in a month long trip from Boston to Niagara Falls.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

On behalf of the Comfort Inn, please extend our apologies for your recent stay. I have printed your response and addressed your issues with the staff. I hope when you are coming back to the Finger Lakes in the future, we will have the opportunity to improve our service. Please don't hesitate to contact me at 1-607-272-2126 if your have further comments.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Every room I've stayed in smells like smoke but it's not a bad place. Clean and adequate. Why is it that all Comfort Inns are on the dumpy side? Decent breakfast although the rea is tiny and crowded. Stayed here because my kid is a freshman t Cornell.

Room Tip: Dont take room 123 which is next to he housekeeping/laundry.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank for your comments regardng your recent stay. I do apologize that your stay was not as you had hoped. I have addressed your concerns with our housekeeping staff. We hope when you are travelling to Ithaca again in the future to visit your son, you will reconsider staying with us again. We do have a complimentary shuttle service to and from the campus.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed here during first year parents weekend in October 2012. Everything was expected. The room was nicely furnished and clean. The hotel has interior corridors which we like. The breakfast provided was much better than I expected. My only issue was that this (pet friendly) room smelled like kibbles when we arrived. I guess that was left over from the last occupant. Also this hotel is located down on route 13 by Walmart (a little further than I would have liked from Cornell but not unreasonably so). Overall very pleased with stay here and would stay again if price was right (Ithaca hotels get unreasonably expensive during certain busy weekends).

Room Tip: Second story has windows. First story has patio doors that open up.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

We appreciate your positive revew during your stay with us for Parents Weekend. We do have a complimentary van service to Cornell University 7am-11pm daily when you return to Ithaca for your next trip.
Kind regards,
Jim

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We picked this hotel due to the location, we had been hiking and it was the first hotel we came to. The front deck staff was extremely friendly and the hotel was quiet and clean. The rooms are a little dated, but comfortable and roomy. The price was reasonable. The only issue was that we had to drive for food, but the front desk recommended a great restaurant and it gave us an opportunity to see the town.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for comments from your stay with us. I have forwarded your kind words on to our front desk staff. Buffalo Wild Wings with walking distance from us and when you show your room key, you get 10% off your order.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Jim

Reviewed October 9, 2012

All the hotels in the area were pretty well booked or were more then we wanted to pay,looked at the reviews for this hotel,wasn't sure about it,but ended up with them,stayed 1 nite.When we pulled up around 8:30pm the girl behind counter was on the phone,no problem, I waited & waited my husband was tried from work & the drive up so he wanted to get to bed.Finally after a good 7-8 mins,she asked them to hold on(which she could have done alittle sooner) but she was nice & it was ok.The hall was dirty as I've heard,needs updating. But the room itself was better then I expected. Breakfast was your basic nothing special,I wish there would be more healthier options in the hotels!Small eating area. It is close to wegmans & everything is right there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank for your comments from your last stay. I do apologize for your reception when you checked in to the hotel. I have also informed our head of housekeeping regarding the hallways. We do welcome all comments on how to continuously improve the breakfast. We hope that when you return to Ithaca, you will consider staying with us again.
Kind regards,

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The location is good and near many Ithaca attractions. But the beds were stiff and the pillows were lumpy. The heater in the room looked old and beat up. The staff was nice and friendly, but didn't think the room was a good value considering how much it was per night. I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Shannonconwall

We appreciate your feedback during your last stay with us. The Comfort Inn continues to strive to make improvements based on comments from our guests. We hope that you will consider staying again with us in the future.
JIm McMann