“Wonderful Room”

Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Cortland, New York
“Wonderful Room”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

The room was very very nice. We had a jacuzzi in the room along with Refrigerator and it was a great experience to stay. There are a lot of restaurants near by, CVS, Waldren is open 24 hours and very convenient to meet your needs. I am a frequent traveller and this was one of the good rooms I have stayed in. The desk person was helpful but was busy as working by himself so I had to wait for towels for few minutes and I ended up leaving without them. The night shift lady was nice and greeted well.

Overall a wonderful stay...!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 1, 2012

In April of 2011, we booked the hotel for Cornell graduation (May 25, 2012) - $338/night with a 3 night minimum. When we tried to cancel in early February - admittedly a few days past the Feb 2 deadline- we were told we couldn't without losing our $338 deposit. I travel to Ithaca several times per year on business, so I actually stopped by and talked with the manager on duty. She said, that, while she understood that other hotels might consider that my continued business was important, she would not give me a refund of any amount nor allow me to apply my deposit to a (different) future stay. I have left several messages for the General Manager, but he will not call me back.

This may be within the terms of the agreement, but it is certainly poor service. They're not going to have any trouble selling the room for graduation weekend. A hotel that offers this kind of "service" is not getting any more of my business.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank mathmom222

Travelers are raving about these Ithaca hotels

Reviewed February 12, 2012

Had a great stay at this Comfort Inn! Was just looking for a cheap place for one night so didn't necessarily care, but then the room was so nice! Such a comfortable bed and awesome shower. Free breakfast in the morning was fantastic - scrambled eggs, sausage, Belgian waffles, yogurt, bagels, muffins. And orange juice with no pulp! Yeah! Highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Lavendarluv3
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 18, 2011

In general, this hotel is what people expect from a Comfort Inn. Clean, basic rooms. Good location just outside of the "downtown". In Ithaca, everything is pretty close together and this hotel is just south of the main part of town and a short drive from a couple of the nearby state parks that have good hiking and swimming. And a solid continental breakfast is included (cereal, bagels, toast, eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, juice, limited fruit).

The rooms had been recently updated and featured a modern bathroom. The rooms are classic Comfort Inn rooms. Clean, not too fancy, not the place to lounge around all day, but a good home base and place to sleep.

Our only issue was the air conditioning. It cycled on and off through the night so the person near the A/C got cold and then warm ... and it was a bit noisy.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if all the rooms have been updated, so when making a reservation/checking in, ask f...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TheTraveller314
ComfortInnMngt, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this review, December 21, 2011
Thanks so much for your enthusiastic review of our hotel. We are glad you had the chance to enjoy our breakfast. I apologize for the issue with air conditioning and have printed this review for our head of maintenance. We wanted to let you know that all of the rooms have been rennovated and we are now a completely non-smoking hotel. In the next month, we will be adding all new tv's in our rooms.
We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Ithaca.
Best,
Jim McMann
Director of Sales
Brattleboro, Vermont
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This is not the Comfort Inn you will want to lounge in, but it is certainly one of the best hotel values in Ithaca. Ithaca hotel prices are notoriously higher than expected, but I would say this was a great value in the market.

The rooms are clean, modern decor, soundproof from neighbors and hallway. The shower was refreshing and beds comfortable. These are the things I rate as most important.

Will likely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011
ComfortInnMngt, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We appreciate the positive comments on the quality of the rooms. We look forward to seeing you on your return trip to Ithaca!
Jim McMann
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed November 6, 2011

A always, I've found Comfort Inn to be a safe bet while travling. Not glamourous, but clean and reasonable. No exception here. The staff was friendly and the breakfast good enouhg to start the day. I noticed other people brought their dogs, which is good to know. No odor of evidence of dogs if you're not into them. We'll probably be staying here a lot.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I don't normally stay at this brand but it had the best rate for the time I needed to be there. It was OK overall but I wish it had been closer to downtown Ithaca. The king bed felt really good.
My husband was satisfied with the continental breakfast. I was surprised that the property did not have an elevator. We didn't stay long enough to check out the exercise room.I was tempted just so to get some perspective on the community. The front desk staff could have been a little friendlier.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple