“nice”

Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Canton, Texas
“nice”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

this is a very nice hotel, it appears to have been recently remodeled, the rooms were very clean the the comp breakfast was nice.

Room Tip: all the hotels ion this town are over priced but this is a good clean place to stay with nice people...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank hungry23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Very, very dirty. I would never come back even if it was free.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Bren0129

Travelers are raving about these Ithaca hotels

Brockway, pa
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Our room was very musty smelling, the fans in the bathrooms do not vent, they only blew the damp air around and the toilet paper would not stay on the dispensers, they kept falling on the floor. ( EWWW) . On a positive note, the rooms were adequate in size, and we did have a frig and microwave. Nice granite countertops in the bathroom, although not much counter space. A little pricey for the accomadations. I have stayed in much nicer places for the buck.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Artzie54
ComfortInnMngt, Director of Sales at Quality Inn, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
I am sorry to read that you had an unpleasing stay with us. That is not usually the case here. I want to let you know that we at the Comfort Inn are proud of the fact we offer a clean and friendly hotel stay under the Comfort Inn brand and flag. The staff works tirelessly to make sure the all guest are happy with there stay. As you may have read in our comments, people compliment the hotel for being clean! So I give them praise for that! We will look into it.
As for the price of hotel accommodation in Ithaca New York, it is a product of supply and demand it is a very busy time here in Ithaca with two universities. I do hope you understand. We all hope you will stay with us again!
new york
Reviewed September 8, 2011

My husband and I went to Ithaca for a long weekend for the first time and chose the Comfort Inn. First, this hotel is pet friendly and only charges a one time fee of $15. The rooms were a little on the small side, but very clean. Everyone at the hotel was extremely helpful. They offer a great breakfast every morning on them! Very close to Buttermilk Falls and Treman State park. Minutes from downtown, Commons, Farmers Market. Wineries, hiking, great food and some of the most beautiful water falls we have ever seen. Will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2011
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Ithaca Comfort Inn! We do pride our selves for being able to be a good value to our guests! We also find that we are more often praised in the end for convenience to the wineries, parks and shopping. Isn’t the farmers market great! I glad you enjoyed it! So thank you for your kind words. I am also glad you could bring your pet! I’ll pass them along to the staff you where pleased! Please come visit us again at the Ithaca Comfort Inn.
nyc
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Made this reservation 3 months ago for dropping off my freshman daughter at cornell. the only place available!
We paid over $200 for a room. I have been to many college graduations and parents weekends to know that hotels near colleges totally rip parents off. the comfort inn is not alone. you need to get past the fact that you are totally overpaying.
Lets assume you you are paying $100 a night
pros:
clean. the bathroom was just renovated and sparkled!
refrig in room
nice help: front desk was very pleasant
Good parking
breakfast with scrambled eggs and make your own waffles!
cons:
low lighting in rooms
bedding and pillows could be updated.
strip mall locale

we were room 120 i liked being on ground floor. not much of a view, either parking lot or fence with some shrubs.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
I want to let you know that we at the Comfort Inn are proud of the fact we offer a clean and friendly hotel stay under the Comfort Inn brand and flag. We / the staff work tirelessly to make sure the all guest are happy with there stay. As you may have read in our comments from other (over and over) people compliment our staff for being friendly and the hotel for being clean! So I give them praise for that!
As for the price of hotel accommodation in Ithaca New York, it is a product of supply and demand. Better yet it a numbers game with two major universities in town, demand is high. But with only a finite amount of hotels, supplies are/ is low…Thus the rate is subject to change due to competition, seasons and events. I know that may not help you, but it is what they teach in school and it is proven right here in Ithaca. I am sorry that is what happened to you, but I do hope you understand we try to give value in many ways. Thank you for your nice comments under your Pros though! I hope you will stay with us again!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2011

My family and I needed to stay overnight in Ithaca as we were planning to explore the Robert Treman, Taughannock and Watkins Glen State Parks within 2 days. We were able to book and get a nice deal with Comfort Inn. As we've stayed in so many other 2 star hotels in the past, we weren't really expecting much beyond that its a so-so. Initially, we were pleased that it was close to so many amenities like shopping and restaurants and it was near Buttermilk Falls. The room itself was clean, never mind the view though. Because as the other mentioned, it seemed like a junkyard. But then again, I don't believe in perfection myself so that was tolerable. The staff are friendly though as I went down to the reception to ask for a toilet paper. What surprised us though is the complimentary breakfast that they served. It simply went beyond the bagel/coffee affair. I was happy that there was enough variety for our family: cereal for my picky daughter, eggs and sausage, waffles, juice, hot chocolate, etc. We almost walked to nearby Wendy's to get our breakfast but thankfully, we decided to check out what they offer first. Only caveat was the dining area was small. But overall, we were glad to have booked our stay with the hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Ithaca Comfort Inn! We do pride our selves for being a good value to our guests! We also found, that we are more often praised in the end for convenience to the parks and shopping. Not to mention many of our guest discover the breakfast right before they are leaving to eat somewhere else. We try to let people know, but I am glad you enjoyed it! So thank you for your kind words. I’ll pass them along to the staff! Please come visit us again at the Ithaca Comfort Inn.
Burlington, ON
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Let's face it, Comfort Inns and other and other of these "one nighter" places are more or less the same: the rooms have the same layout and amenities, and you might get breakfast. We've stayed at a number of different CIs, and this may have been the worst. The double bed mattresses were bowl shaped, which is great if you want to cuddle with your spouse (we did), but I like to sleep on a flat surface. The air conditioner was a mere 10" from my wife, so she was freezing while the rest of us were comfortable.
The shower looked normal, but seemed cramped. The bathroom design was horrible -no where to put down your bathroom bag, and the toilet paper was out of reach.
The "complimentary" breakfast was below par for CIs too. Not enough tables, the "OJ" tasted like Tang, my wife likes really strong coffee, but it was too strong for her!
So 2/5 over all, but given what we paid (the most we've ever paid for a CI), I should have given it 1/5.
Next night: Holiday Inn Express -so much better, and cheaper too!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family