“Best deal in town”
Review of Super 8 Ithaca

Super 8 Ithaca
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Not sure how prior folks had bad experiences, but this motel impressed me considerably. Certainly, the photos of the hotel posted on this site is wrong; get the real pictures at super8.com. Location is excellent---central to just about everything. Breakfast was great. Wireless internet in the room works just fine (there is also a terminal in the lobby). Hotel was clean and check-in/check-out was fast and courteous. Treadmill in the exercise room was broken, but that didn't really matter for us. There is no elevator to the second floor, so that's the only downside of the hotel design that I can think of. Would definitely choose to stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed March 29, 2010

The room was clean, quiet, and there was easy access to restaurants, the commons, and cornell university. I stayed for five days. For a no-frills hotel it is very good.

The one negative thing is that housekeeping forgot to clean my room one day. When I reported it, the guy at the desk issued several profuse apologies and made sure that I immediately received clean towels and coffee. The hotel staff was good.

If you are picky about cigarette smoke, the halls have a slight smoky scent.

I Highly recommend it for a budget stay.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Having to use a work related website to chose hotels, I was a bit skeptical about the Super 8. However, upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised. The lobby was small yet quaint and a pleasant staff to register you. The hotel didn't have a musty or dampness to it either. The room was very clean and fresh and had a refrigerator and microwave, the continental breakfast was more than adequate. I would defintely recommend the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2009

Was happy to find this rate for a motel in Ithaca - it's so expensive to stay there! Saw some positive reviews on Tripadivsor when I booked it and was even more encouraged. Unfortunately, I have to say, I agree more with the recent reviews (Aug 2009) which are not as favorable. The hallways smelled awful of deodorizer - the kind used to cover up a similarly awful smell. The room smelled just as bad - but different. Carpets were grimy. Bathrooms were as clean as they could be, given the condition they were in. The room we stayed in offered a good bit of highway noise - so leaving the windows open to address the smell wasn't really an option. I would never complain about a free breakfast - especially with kids to feed, so I'll just give you the facts there...4 kinds of cold cereal, instant oatmeal, bagels, cellophane wrapped pastries, green bananas, toaster ready french toast with syrup, juice, coffee, tea and milk. The staff at the hotel was very nice and accomodating. They didn't have any cribs available the first night when we arrived (it was late) but they found us one for the second 2 nights. The location was great and, as mentioned, the price was right. You get what you pay for!

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank monsterclaw
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Nice Stay. Location not that great but not too far from the universities and park. Clean rooms. Okay continental breakfast. Nice staff.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2009

So my daughter is going to Cornell, and we were looking for an inexpensive hotel to stay at when we dropped her off. (We are from out of state) First, I never thought I would pay what I paid for a Super 8, but the others were more.

The carpet was grimy. I didn't want to walk barefooted in my room. The bathroom was dimly lit and the shower had black mold around the edges. I choose not to shower.

The blond haired young woman we met when we checked in was not overly personable, (though the young guy doing his masters who came on later was great!). the next disappointment was breakfast. Toast, bagels, pastry in a bag and some defrosted french toast. Just felt like I paid a lot for getting to stay in Ithaca. (I could be worse, but it wasn't cheap)

Parents weekend is already pretty booked, (and the rates are much higher 142.00 a night) but I am going to fork out close to double the price to stay at the Country Inn and Suites. It still has availability, and with a clean room, a pool and their well-known ample breakfast, I won't have to drive around town finding something to do, just to avoid going back to my Super 8 hotel room.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2009

interior hallways stank of cigarette smoke even in the non-smoking section of the building. The room (non-smoking) was heavily de-odorized, we have to keep the window wide open all night. The single employee did his best, but we were not happy.
Interesting that it was the same price as the Best Western in Batavia NY which was at least 1.5 stars better. I guess the finger lakes area carries a premium.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family