“A Reversal from the last visit”
Review of Super 8 Ithaca

Super 8 Ithaca
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Reviewed May 13, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Julie F, General Manager at Super 8 Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were just passing through and were surprised when we checked out the hotel prices in the area. We learned that it was graduation time and so prices were generally inflated. The Super 8 had a reasonable price, was clean, comfortable and the staff very friendly. It was also less than a 5 minute drive to the Commons.

Would recommend for anyone visiting Ithaca.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Julie F, General Manager at Super 8 Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us! It is a busy time in Ithaca, so I am glad we were able to get you in and you could enjoy your stay with us. If your ever passing through Ithaca again, we hope you choose to stay back here at the Super 8 Ithaca!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. Our air conditioner didn't work so I went to the front desk and the concierge said he needed to wrap up his phone call registration and then he would be up to fix the air conditioner. He was at my room in less than 5 minutes and fixed the air conditioner quickly. Great service! Absolutely would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us! I apologize for the inconvenience of the air conditioner, and I am glad Alex was able to come assist you right away. We can't wait to see you again next time you are in Ithaca!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great affordable hotel, clean with friendly employees...only downsides was that the breakfast area is a little on the small side and its kind of a pain getting in and out of the street the hotel is located on

• Stayed: June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us! I do apologize that the breakfast area was a little small, next time you come you are welcome to enjoy breakfast in our lobby area right next to the breakfast room. We strive on providing an affordable stay with clean rooms and great customer service, so I am glad you enjoyed that. See you again next time you are in Ithaca!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Ithaca is a college town and hotel rooms can be impossible to find when there are college events. I decided to try to Super 8 next door to Wegman's when my usual hotel was sold out. To my surprise, I found I preferred the Super 8. The rooms were newly remodeled. Furniture was in great condition. Beds were comfortable and linens clean and in good shape. The manager was intelligent and sociable and the staff friendly. The self-serve breakfast offered many healthy choices. Coffee was good. I will definitely stay there again. Having Wegman's right next door makes it easy to get a late night snack or an economical meal at any time of day. I had a good night's sleep and a pleasant breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay here at our Super 8 in Ithaca. I am pleased that you found your stay satisfactory and the staff friendly. We look forward to seeing you again next time you visit Ithaca!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

If staying in Ithaca and other hotel options are available, I suggest you book elsewhere if possible.

First the (few) positives:

- Comfortable (but narrow) mattresses
- Quiet Cornell University related guests so even on a Saturday night (no running or screaming wedding parties in halls!)
- Friendly desk staff knowledgeable about area
- Steps from the unbelievably good Wegman's grocery with incredible eat-in or take out food options for all meals. Bypass the lobby breakfast trough found at all these "included" places and head across the street!

Negatives:

- Terrible smell that clung to the room after leaving window open and away for 3 hours. I believe some type of cleaning spray way overused in rooms and halls to point it made me dizzy and ill. If we hadn't paid in advance I would have left for another hotel but busy night in town and not much else left available.

- Sad "pillows" basically lumpy sacks resembling a large stuffed sock.

- Room was painted and decorated in this nasty light green and dark brown that brought back chilling visions of the 70's. Sort of tragic attempt to be retro and "upgrade" the brand.
The truly nauseating colors were greatly compounded by a harsh, greenish spaceship glow of compact florescent lights making for a surreal, cheap-motel type of misery I imagined some might even enjoy for the experience?

- While not unbearable, the location is rather is loud next to busy road and huge car dealership. Sprawl-o-Rama.

All-in-all a hotel for those stuck without other hotel options or travelers interested in seeing bad 70's interior design brought alive.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Julie F, General Manager at Super 8 Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I do apologize you were not satisfied with our recent renovations, as many of our guests have been very pleased with them. I also apologize for the smell of the cleaning supplies that we use. I am pleased to know that the staff was very friendly and helpful to you. Again, I apologize for the new renovations not being satisfactory for you.