Super 8 Ithaca
  • Room Service
Quality Inn(Ithaca)
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
All reviewswegman's supermarketno elevatorbagelsroom was cleancontinental breakfastfridge and microwavemake your own wafflesconvenient locationwalking distanceparents weekendwaffle makerithaca nypleasant staywould stay againcornell universitycollege visitmotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed here with my 17yo son in April of 2011, during a very busy season with Cornell holding accepted student visits. (Trip Advisor won't let me choose a date more than a year ago, so I put in April 2012 but in fact we traveled in 2011.) The hotel was, quite frankly, chosen for its relatively low cost compared to other alternatives in the Ithaca region. We don't have very demanding standards for hotels as long as they are safe, clean and the beds are comfortable, it's all good. Well... the first thing we noticed when we got to our non-smoking room was that it smelled very smoky. At first we opened a window, but that didn't help much so I called down to the front desk to ask if there would be another location within the hotel where the rooms wouldn't smell as smoky. We were told that half of the 2nd floor is smoking rooms. Our 2nd floor room was far from the smoking half, but still smelled bad to us, so they offered to move us to a 1st floor room which was much nicer. Other than the initial smoky room, it was a perfectly pleasant stay. Breakfast was pretty minimal but did the trick.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor far from the smoking rooms if you are bothered by the smell of cigarette smoke.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Robyn K
Angela H, General Manager at Super 8 Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding you recent stay with us. We apologize for any inconvenience the smoke smell caused you and your family and we are glad we were able to switch you to a first floor room. We hope to see you again next time your in Ithaca!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was also surprised how pricey hotels in Ithaca are. 150/night at a super 8 seems WAY overboard. For the price, this place isn't worth 3 stars, but compared to other prices in the area, I suppose its worthy of 3 stars.

The staff is very nice, but I think the wrinkly uniforms is a bit unprofessional. Yet they were very helpful, polite, and friendly. Room is not bad, but I was disappointed that my room still had an old box tv instead of the flat panels some of my friends had in their room. Windows are a bit dirty, bathrooms are small but normal, room in general was clean, plenty of space, standard bed. The iron and ironing board was quite dirty and I had to call for a new one, which they delivered pronto.

Good sized fridge, microwave, but the a/c sometimes went off even when it was on the "cool" setting...but I guess that's not too much of a problem.

Good location, close to most things in town, taxi ride to cornell university/downtown was about 7 bucks, and the cab driver was a really nice guy and gave me a brief history of the town and university, which made it a good cab ride.

Overall, I don't think you'll find a "better deal" in ithaca...but I wonder why hotels are so expensive in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Noriyasu L

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased that you were happy with our staff. We are currently in the process of replacing all of our older TV's with the flat screen's. Our air conditioners are on cycles that once it hit's the temperature you have set it will turn itself off. We hope to see you again next time you are in the area!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

All the staff were very nice and helpful.
The room was spotless.
The air-conditioning unit was rather noisy and the mattress just a little uncomfortable.
The location is good with CVS & Pizza within walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Angela H, General Manager at Super 8 Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you were impressed with our staff. We apologize for the mattress & air conditioning--we will address those issues immediately. We hope that you stay with us again!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Hotels in Ithaca are very pricey. Hated spending $159 night for the Super 8, but many hotels are well over $200 a night in Ithaca on the weekends. Room had a nice size fridge, microwave, and the size of the room wasn't too bad. Like other Super 8's that I stayed at, carpets could really use a cleaning and some fresh paint wouldn't hurt. It is nicely located next to Wegman's Supermarkert and lots of other stores. No frills, but it served our purpose (a place to get some sleep) . I would use theem again if I return to Ithaca

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We sympathize with your concern regarding the cost of hotel rooms in the Ithaca area and we were glad to provide you with a reasonably priced rate. Your comments about the paint and carpet are appreciated and we're looking into it immediately. We hope that you stay with us again!