“Nice room for great value”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for two night, the room was clean and comfortable. It had a fridge, tv, next to door parking and breakfast. The breakfast itself is not great but is enough to get you started. The location is tight out of Ithaca so a lot of nature around.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Jacob G

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed just the one night based on dollar value and previous Travel Adviser comments. The Rodeway Inn’s outside appearance harkens back to another decade and can be a little deflating at first blush. However, the Wi-Fi equipped room was quite adequate, clean and more updated than the outside might suggest, offering a TV [not flat screen], microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator, and hair dryer. My wife was pleased with the ironing board & iron. The small bathroom has a shower only. Breakfast was basic but adequate. The staff was the bonus – helpful, pro-active and friendly. The hand-written bedside envelope for tips made us smile. A satisfactory place to rest your head for a night or two.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Connoisseur-of-Life
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Just OK for a few days. Good low price. We didn't try the breakfast but preferred to drive to Wegman's for good coffee, muffins and yogurt. I'm particular about pillows and wish I'd taken my own.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Outoftowner50
Reviewed June 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the motel for two nights. The accomodations were modest in appearance but the staff was just great. For a college town the rates were very reasonable. The motel location is just south of the city, and so it was not a walkable location for access to restaurants but everything was minutes away by car or bicycle. The room was well equipped and very adequate for our needs.The breakfast was more than continental and included waffles and eggs along with muffins. The motel and its staff were a great find for us, and we expect to returning on our visits to the city campuses in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Donald S
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Extraordinarily helpful staff even when canceling 2 nights. Even made the waffles for us for breakfast. Low price compared to other Ithaca properties. Facility is somewhat worn but everything is in perfect repair. Approximately, 2-miles from town was slightly inconvenience for us bicycle tourists but shouldn't be any problem for motorists.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Frank G
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed here with another couple while in the Finger Lakes area. Our intent was to do some wine tasting and some hiking in the gorges. This hotel is in a good location - about three miles from the heart of town and a perfect spot to get to Cayuga or Seneca Lakes. The hotel was fine...clean, towels changed, nice breakfast, more TV channels than I know what to do with, quiet. No complaints. We will stay here again as the price compared to hotels in town was about 1/2.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ctwino_8
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I was worried about renting a room here because I have bad pet allergies. It has an exterior entrance, so people could easily smuggle a pet in. People would have an incentive to do this, because the pets-allowed rooms are also smoking rooms and probably stink. Also, from other reviews, it sounds like pets were allowed in the past, in rooms where they aren't allowed now. I don't know how long ago. Pet allergens last for a long time.
I don't know if I got a dose of pet allergen here, since I was already sick from allergies when I moved in, and my allergic reactions last a long time.
Otherwise:
Pro's: My room was far enough from Rt. 13 that I didn't hear traffic noise
Staff were nice.
The room was reasonably clean and nice-looking.
Con's: Heater fan makes noise, you might have to turn the heater off to sleep or use earplugs
The refrigerator froze a lot of my food and it didn't have any temperature control that I could see. So it would be useless for a lot of items.
Edges of the carpet under the desk were visibly dusty. Come on, housekeeping, USE the nozzle attachment for the vacuum cleaner sometimes!

Room Tip: Rooms close to Rt. 13 probably have a lot of traffic noise.