“Good hotel in a great location”
Review of The Hotel Ithaca

The Hotel Ithaca
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Reviewed July 10, 2008

I was a little nervous about staying at this location due to the other posts on this site. But, I had a good experience overall. We booked a corner room with a king-sized bed. The view from our window wasn't amazing but wasn't offensive either. Upon check-in, the staff at the front desk was very professional. (Though when I called to book the room, the woman that assisted me wasn't overly helpful.)
Our room in the tower was spacious and clean, but I could tell that the rooms in the "motor lodge" section were pretty crummy. Note: spend the extra money to have a nicer room in the tower.
I swam in the pool which I found to be clean, if not a touch over-chlorinated.
If you are visiting Ithaca and want to enjoy the commons, this hotel may be hard to beat!

• Stayed: July 2008

Reviewed May 14, 2008

I got a good rate on this hotel through Priceline ($100), but approached my stay with trepidation because of the mixed reviews. (I think the trouble is with the older rooms.) I emailed the hotel in advance, advised them I had booked with Priceline and asked if they could place me in a Tower Room if available. I received a very courteous letter back and was placed in a Tower Room. The room with king bed was very attractive and well kept. There was free Internet in the room and in the lobby. Parking was also free. The hotel is very centrally located (only a few blocks from the famous Moosewood vegetarian restaurant).

My advice: If you want to take a chance and use Priceline, check first with the hotel to see whether there are many tower rooms available. Once you book, ask politely for a room on a space available basis. They will not and should not give you one of these rooms if they can fill them will customers paying full price.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2008

This hotel charged my credit card four months in advance. The room I was put in was an "internet deal!" which cost more than the Hilton Garden Inn. I had a room in the "old part" which was small, smelly, leaky roof, dark and dingy.
Never will I stay at this hotel. It is a total ripoff.
You would think after complaining about the charge on my credit card in advance they would have at least put me in a decent room. Beware new college parents. Do not stay there!!!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank viviMaine
Reviewed April 21, 2008

Rooms were worn but clean. Personnel were friendly and helpful. Computer key card access was spotty -- never did work for the first room we were given. Shuttle to the college was often full at peak times. Hotel takes pets -- I could hear a wimpering dog in the next room for an entire evening. Hotel restaurant has 0 vegetarian options but Moosewood is a short walk away.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2008

I stayed at the Holiday Inn and thought it was a great place. I am a Holiday Inn priority club member. When I checked in, they upgraded me to the tower section for no additional cost. I did not ask, they offered.

The room was great. On the corner, clean and large.

The dining room and bar was nice looking. They had half price appetizers from 4pm to 11 pm. That was great. One bartender, Alissa was great. Very personable and hospitable.

The morning breakfast person was good but didn't pay a lot of attention to what you ordered.

Front desk staff was excellent.

Also Ithaca has Gorges all around. Beautiful falls and rocks that just pop up in the downtown area.

So overall, it was a good stay..

Better than most holiday inns I have stayed at.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2008

I had a business class in Ithaca and had to stay at teh holiday inn. We were put on the old side of the inn(must have been the section for college kids) you had to outside around the back to get to your room. My mom was with me and we walked into the room and their were ants on the table and in the bathroom. I called the front desk they gave us another room next door to it-this room didn't have ants but the hair dryer didn't work and it wasn't very clean. The staff did try to accomodate us but we still weren't very satisfied-it was not very clean here. I have stayed in a lot of Holiday Inn's and this was the worst one ever.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Pattidh
Reviewed November 5, 2007

Came up with a bunch of buddies for an annual alumni weekend at the fraternity. Had kind of assumed I would just pass out on the floor of the house or in some bed somewhere for the weekend but at 4 am saturday morning after a long night of drinking, beer pong, drinking, and more beer pong, I was ready to pony up for a hotel. Called the Holiday Inn and they said they had rooms available.

Checked in for abour $120 and collapsed on the bed. Don't remember the room that much other than it was a typical Holiday Inn style room, flower print bedspread, unstylish brown wooden furniture, big clunky armoire, ugly water lily hotel art, etc...

Anyway the highlight..... after waking up and getting ready to check out on saturday around noon, the guy at the front desk informed us that we had "just" checked in and asked why we decided not to stay the night? At first we were confused but then quicly realized that by checking in at 4 on saturday morning, they considered us a saturday night (not friday night) stay and hence had gotten two nights for the price of one. Boo-yah!

and for that, this is now all-time favorite Ithaca hotel.

Stayed: January 2005