“Great Location and Staff”
Review of The Hotel Ithaca

The Hotel Ithaca
Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed here April, 2013 for a conference at Cornell. The hotel offers a free shuttle from and to the airport and to Cornell. I was fortunate to get Dannelle as my shuttle driver. She is a local and was able to share a lot of information about her hometown. The other hotel staff were quite friendly as well and were very attentive to our needs. My room was clean, but showed signs of needing to be renovated. The carpet was worn, but appeared clean. The decor was nice and the bed was comfortable. The Wi-Fi is free. My only concern was the slow drain in the bathtub. The hotel has a glass elevator and i was able to get a couple of really nice shots of the city. The hotel is located across from The Commons which is a shopping area full of restaurants and quaint little shops. Food choices were great there, but unfortunatley I did not enjoy the meals I got from any of the restaraunts and this includes the hotel restaurant, Maxx. I did quite a bit of walking looking for waterfalls and felt very comfortable walking through the various neighborhoods. Dewitt Mall is a short 10 minute walk and there were always people out and about. Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on higher level floors in the Tower for best views of the city

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was recently stayed at Holiday Inn Downtown Ithaca for a conference at Cornell University as the Statler was sold out. The lobby is great, they offer free wi-fi and free parking on location. A shuttle if offered; but that seemed to be hit or miss. The hallway corridors are dark to dingy, the rooms are questionable and have a hint of dirtiness about them. You will however, have a quiet comfortable sleep with a so so resturaunt on the premises. Overall I enjoyed my stay in the area based on the ease of highway access, location to shops/resturaunts and the great staff that make up for what the rooms may lack. For a short stay, I'd give it another shot.

1  Thank NJM0Mof1
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear NJM0Mof1,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. I am delighted to know you enjoyed your overall experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have stayed at this property many times over the years. Great staff and a great location. I had a room in the tower. Great view of Cornell University. Huge windows...plenty of light. Room was clean and super comfortable. Free Wi-Fi and parking. Great location near the Commons.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here several times. We usual visit Ithaca at least once a year for the huge used book sale (visit booksale.org for more info), sometimes staying overnight, sometimes not. When we do choose to spend the night, we like the Holiday Inn for its extremely convenient location--it's right next to The Commons, and area full of shopping and restaurants, and it's also just off the expressway for easy access. (It has its own parking lot as well, an added bonus.) Otherwise, this hotel is just okay: the rooms are somewhat old and shabby (although if you are lucky, you might get one with a beautiful view of Cornell University or Cayuga Lake), and the restaurant is just average. I would recommend this hotel with caution; depending on your expectations, this might be a good choice.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Hotel Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear btobey,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I am very pleased to know that our location was convenient for your needs. However, I'd like to apologize that our room accommodations were not completely to your liking. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown Ithaca the Saturday night before Easter. We had reserved a 2-Bedroom Suite, but it was not ready when we arrived to check-in. Josh was on duty at the front desk and he offered us an option so we would not have to wait...2 adjoining rooms on the first floor, and he would have a refrigerator and microwave delivered. Sounded good to us!
Got our keys and were in the rooms in moments. One room had a king bed, the other had two doubles, plus having two bathrooms was a bonus.
The beds were very comfortable, the rooms were clean...everything worked fine. It was also very quiet even though we were on the first floor right by the street. We enjoyed a few drinks in the bar Saturday night, and on Sunday we had Easter Brunch...what an amazing variety of food at a reasonable price. Everything tasted great and the service was good...all at a reasonable price. So, all in all, a good stay. Okay, so this isn't the most luxurious hotel I have ever stayed in...but I really have no complaints. The location is good...not far from Ithaca College and Cornell. Walking distance to The Commons shopping plaza...pretty convenient to pretty much everything.
Thanks again to Josh...very attentive to our needs.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Picked this hotel because the location works well for Cornell and they have on site parking. Room was ok. Definitely in need if renovation. Everything feels old and worn. Luckily I had seen reviews of this hotel and got a tower room. Very tight for 4. Bathroom needs major renovation. Staff seems somewhat clueless. Asked for a rollaway when we checked in and it never came. Breakfast service was really slow. Restaurant wasn't that crowded and it took forever to get coffee and food. Indoor pool good for kids.

Room Tip: Pick a tower room. More expensive but you will regret the cheap rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2013

There are some bad reviews of this hotel so I didn't have a hope high for it. the location is really good, in the heart of downtown, very close to our destination -Cornell U. We ended up in a room on first floor because my husband checked in before I had the chance to tell him requesting for a high floor tower room. The room was clean, beds were comfy, not as bad as I expected at all- typical room for a holiday inn.

With that said, aged, stained carpenter in lobby should be replaced as soon as possible.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family