“What a dump!”

Ramada Ithaca Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Our son's college football team stayed here for a game against Cornell. Even the boys complained about the accomodations - and they are not that picky. Our bathroom has fraying wallpaper around the baseboard with crumbling plaster beneath it. The exterior door from the parking lot inside were never locked. One of the other parents had to have their room opened with a hacksaw when the safety bolt latched on their way out. The area around the hotel was also a little sketchy. Was not cheap for the quality.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ILoveMyChevy
There are newer reviews for Ramada Ithaca Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed September 27, 2010

This is one of the most horrible experiences that I have had in a long time and I have traveled quite a bit. The hotel smells bad, is old looking/feeling, and has poor service. We had what looked like blood splatters on the curtains, a clogged tub, and dirty sheets. When the front desk came to bring new sheets, they did just that, brought sheets and we put them on. The most absurd part of our stay was when the "hotel" came to fix the tub which would drain, but very slowly. The young man showed up with a plunger and took one look at the tub and realized this wouldnt work. So then he removed the drain stopper and saw hair. He then asked me if I had anything to get it out "that I wouldn't mind throwing away after." Needless to say, he made zero progress and proceeded to ask me if I would mind take baths instead! So, I wound up going to the nearest store to get Drain-O and took care of it myself. Worst experience ever!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jshag365
Reviewed September 20, 2010

The motel is in an exceptional location... it is surrounded by shopping centers and wineries. There is plenty of parking, easy access to the rooms.

I made my reservations a year ago in this non smoking motel upon arrival they could not find it. I quoted the reservation number and after a long wait, the kid behind the counter finally found it. The room was directly beside door exit #3 - bang, bang all night as people came and went.

The room stinks... and not from smoke. My white socks were filthy after two hours in the room. I suspect the carpets have never been cleaned nor vacuumed in a while. They used so much bleach in the bathroom you couldn't get away from the smell. The wall paper was peeling, and the tub was very slow to drain. The shower head was new and worked fine.

This place is 40 years old and it's showing it's age. The staff appeared to be very helpful and apologised for the odour but there was nothing they could do about it. The indoor pool was terrible - dirty and smelly. They do not have secured exit doors; anyone can walk in off the streets and any time.

On a positive note, the restaurant staff and food were very good. The event we attended was well catered and the food was hot as it was served. Kudu’s to the chef and helpers who took care of us.

The price of the room @ $120.00 / night is definitely not worth it folks. Of all my travels throughout the USA, this room would be worth $80.00 or less.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Simba221
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Nothing at this hotel was above average. Sometimes the staff can make up for a such a dump, but people here do not even try customer service.

I arrived around 1pm and asked to check in, but was informed by a woman who appeared to be permanently fixated in her chair, that the check in was at 3pm. No flexibility. It was raining and there were leaks all around the lobby. They had their van under the awning so all guests would get wet!

The room had a very bad odor - I wasn't sure the source of it, until the next morning I went to open the drapes.. those drapes definitely have not been washed since opening day decades ago.

I asked for the free shuttle for the airport, it turns out they called a taxi and jammed two families into it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ezra
Reviewed September 8, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed in Ramanda Inn for a trip in finger lakes area. The front desk could not find a king bed for us so we ended up staying in a room of two beds. The room was okay although the entrance is far from the main loggy and lacking of security. My girlfriend started to find tiny red bites on her ankle the night we stayed there. The second day morning I woke up in the incredible itch on my ankle as well. We suspect that the previous guests had their pets in the room and the room service did not clean well. We are still suffering from flea bites now.

Another thing to complain is that the cleaning staff stood right in front of our door chatting for half an hour at 9am in the morning. They were laugh and jump and did not stop until we went to remind them that people stay in the room where they stand right in front of.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SeeWhyZen
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Well, every nice little guest house, spa and bed and breakfast was booked so I took a chance on the Ramada Inn near the airport. Now mind you I was not expecting much for $139 and I was not disappointed. It's a non descrip,t extremely tired hotel with a fairly dirty pool and sauna which did not get hot. Add to that a noisy air conditioner which kept going on and off (make up your mind!), layghable toiletries, staff who didn't look up when they spoke with me, no late checkout, etc.

The bed was ok and the shower worked, Breakfast was fine. It makes you think why doesn't Ramada put some money into the place or tear it down and build a est Buy. It is also on one ugly suburban strip of land.

Oh well.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank billyboy18
Reviewed August 16, 2010

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Wallpaper was peeling, mildew in shower and tub. Some wierd non stick mat that was adhered to the tub floor was nasty and dirty, should have worn flip flops while showering. When I turned on the shower water still poured out of the tub spicket. Wall paper was peeling and the carpet was dirty and old. Room was musty and the beds and pillows extremely uncomfortable. My mom was travelling with my daughter and I she didn't sleep a wink. We felt like we needed another shower after checking out. The halls and lobby looked as if they hadn't been vacummed in a very long time! Definitely not a $130 a night hotel, maybe $50.......icky! The staff was nice to us...that's about it the only thing nice I can say about this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family