“Too much for too little” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Ithaca Hotel & Conference Center

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ramada Ithaca Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
newton,nj
“Too much for too little”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2006

I just returned from a two night stay at the Ramada. I must agree with most of the other reviews on this site. The $149.a night rate is way out of line. A $79.rate would be more like it and thats pushing the envelope. The rooms have had pictures taken offf the walls and what you are treated to are the dirty walls that remain. Bathrooms are like a trip back to the early sixties. No security at all. Every entrance was available for entry at any time. Okay the beds were comfortable and furnishings were decent. Looks like the hot tub problems that another reviewer mentioned still have not been taken care of. Breakfast buffet for $6.95 was,well if you like cold food stale bagels and lousy service then it will be money well spent.. There are other choices in Ithaca. For me not here,not again.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank bpets

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Ann Arbor
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2006

I agree with "Total Dump"; at first, the room looked okay, but I was wrong. My experience: I had to make my own bed because housekeeping had practically thrown fitted sheets on the bed without securely fastening them over the corners of the mattresses.

Also, the sheets and pads were too large for the mattresses; therefore, sleeping in my bed was about as comfortable as sleeping in wet jeans.

Trust me: Take your own pillow.

A couple of pictures had been removed from the wall to accomodate tall headboards; however, the dust and cobwebs that had accumulated behind the pictures were not removed at the same time.

Peeling and dirty wallpaper.

Air-conditioner worked sporadically.

The final straw came when I got in the shower and the drain failed--which meant my husband couldn't shower. The worst part was that the check out attendant said, "Oh, we've had complaints about that room before." I was stunned that they hadn't bothered correcting the problem before giving it to another customer because upon checking in, they asked us if we had a floor/room preference....

And there was loud door slamming almost constantly between 3:00 and 4:30 am.

This is the first time I've ever complained about a hotel so you know it's got to be bad.

Stayed August 2006
2 Thank cldgreencoat

Travelers are raving about these Ithaca hotels

North American East Coast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2006

I hadn't read any of the reviews prior to staying here, so my notes aren't tainted by the negative opinions previously posted.

The hotel is not at all unattractive as you pull into the parking lot. It's located on a busy crossroads next to Rte 13, close to a number of popular dining and shopping options. There is a porte-cochere at the the entrance that facilitates unloading your vehicle during inclement weather. Unfortunately the design of the property is such that, unless you are assigned a room close to the lobby, you'll most likely want to use a closer entrance from which to carry your luggage. Some of these entries necessitate entering a corridor only to have to exit another exterior door to access stairs leading to the second floor. Describing this circuitous route is almost as complicated as having to complete it.

The lobby is indeed dark, but done up in dark wood panelling that is meant to invoke an English gentleman's club type atmosphere. There is a restaurant off to one side of the lobby that is the 7 time recipient of an award as the “best (Sunday) brunch in Ithaca”. Its price is certainly attractive enough at $6.95 for breakfast and $8.95 for lunch. I wasn't able to test it for myself as I was staying here on a weekday.

The room I occupied, a 2 bedded double non-smoking, was ample in size, clean and with 2 very inviting beds featuring comfortable pillow top mattresses and attractive comforters and linens. The bed provided me with the best night's sleep I had over my10 night trip. Furnishings were typical “motel” style. Not quite in the same league as a Hyatt, Hilton or even Hampton Inn. The carpeting was stain free and in good shape, as were the drapes. The A/C was a wall mounted unit, relatively quiet and effective in keeping the room at my desired temperature. The one glaring weak spot was the bathroom. While clean and in good repair, it was outdated by at least a couple of decades...if not in age, then in design. The Formica vanity and powder blue wall tiles reminded me of that in my parent's country cottage, built in the early 70's. An investment here would be a definite boost.

The property also had an indoor and an outdoor pool. Unusual for a property of this calibre. While I didn't use either, the outdoor pool area was quite attractive and boasted a number of lounger chairs set alongside the inner grassy courtyard.

In conclusion, I would be happy to stay here again. I'd be even happier if the bathrooms were remodeled.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank hotel.detective
NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2006

Where do I begin....when I arrived, the hotel looked ok, but then I went to my room, which was very outdated. Then I went to the "pool" to relax. The pool was tinted green and smelled of bacteria. So I decided to use the jacuzzi, which was broken as was the sauna. So I decided to workout on the Precor machine, which was also broken. The front desk is aware of all of these probelms, yet, they are not repaired. Why are all of the doors to the Ramada left unlocked? Even the remote back entrance that I came into was unlocked. Fortunately, they let me check out and go to the Holiday Inn, which was great and had a beautiful pool. Very disappointed with this Ramada!

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank SSNY
Lenexa, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2005

My wife and I stayed at the Ramada for two nights attending a business meeting. We were quite nervous about the hotel after reading the above reviews!! We did agree that the hotel needs a redo and our room was a bit on the dark side especially in the front entrance. The entrance needs a light in the ceiling by the clothes closet.

Other then these two small complaints we found the hotel to be clean and the food was very good especially the Sunday brunch!! We did not have time to check out the pool or fitness room.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
North of Boston, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2005

My room was quite worn and dark. And the toilet had not been cleaned well...and possibly not at all. Ugh. Moreover, I had to wear my shoes in the shower. The only redeeming thing about this hotel was its pet policy. Sadly, even my dog was disappointed with our stay.

• Stayed August 2005
1 Thank WeekendWedding
North Carolina, US
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2005

I have stayed in Ramada Inn in many places, and I am familiar with the level of comfort and quality of service that the chain offers. The Ramada Inn in Ithaca gives the whole chain a bad name. It damages the brand.

I agree with the previous poster - the room was disgusting and dark. The bathroom, while clean, looked like the servants quarters. The building is not dilapidated, but is getting there. There was a depressing feeling about the place - and that in the middle of the summer on a nice sunny day.

The staff was not very helpful - they sent us to climb the stairs, when they could have directed us to the elevator.

I found it expensive for what I got. I have stayed at a Days Inn in DC for half the price where the quality was twice as good.

To top it all off, when I received my credit card bill, I found out that they had charged me for breakfast, when I did not have any.

Bottom line - quality is terrible, price is excessive, and they are overbilling.

• Stayed July 2005