“Could not stay even one night, YUCK.”

Ramada Ithaca Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Reviewed June 8, 2008

Shower had the most mildew in it that I have ever seen in a hotel shower. The bottom of the tub was covered with some piece of plastic, probably so that you couldn't see the bottom of the tub.

Hallways are in terrible need of renovation. Wallpaper peeling off the walls all over the place, a lot of marks and gashes. Stairwells wet and dirty with debris.

Final straw - found spiders in the bed. Immediately left and went to Ithaca Hilton Garden Inn (really nice, right on the commons, no spiders!).

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank LuluZeldaZoe

Reviewed January 24, 2008

!! AAA rates are actually and consistantly higher than regular rates!! Also although their rates change by the night, if you book for several days at a high occupancy rate, but the stay extends into a low occupancy, you will be quoted the highest evening's rate for the entire stay. You may wish to check each night individually and put the package together so it will work in your favor.

My previous stay in Oct. 2007 was excellent, so I elected to stay in the Ramada on Nov. 20th, 2007. Instead of the pleasant , renovated room I expected, we were placed in a worn, not very clean, room on the first floor; at the intersection leading to the lobby, an outside courtyard, the parking lot and a staircase entrance. We were unable to sleep with all the people traffic and loud conversations outside of our room . My husband actually commented that this must have been the worst night he has ever spent in a hotel. A remarkable evaluation, since he has stayed at some very sad hotels.

My advise; if you elect to stay here, do the research. Check for the best deal by checking 'best rates', in addition to membership rates, check each combination of rates for the nights stayed. Prior to making a reservation call the hotel and ensure you will be staying in a quiet, 'compeletely' renovated room not near high traffic within the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank treking
Reviewed October 31, 2007

Ithaca is a well known college town and I kinda booked at the last minute. Most of the chain motels were grossly overpriced in my opinion. I paid $95 plus tax on this room which was reasonable comparing to what others were charging. I also chose it because it was so called just renovated. Well that's partially true. They have not yet done the bathrooms, but have done the rest of the room with new carpet, a very comforable recliner, Thomasville furniture and new mattresses. I felt the mattress was of great quality, however my wife hated it (said her side sagged). Plenty of fluffy pillows and new linens. Still have tube style TVs. Many renovations in hotels are going to LCD. Bathrooms are seriously out of date but they are working on them. Room was clean, quiet and comfy. Free wireless connection a plus! Elevator was dirty and got even dirtier as we stayed the two days. We went to Ithaca as part of a vacation to view the phenomenal falls in the very close area (3 major falls within a 10 mile radius). I loved the location. About 5 miles away from the busy campus but within walking distance of the very nice Pyramid mall ( they have a cement path leading to it from the back of the hotel). There is a very nice carwash, 2 Subways sandwiches, a McDonald's, an Applebee's, a Best Buy, a Borders bookstore, a Target, Dick's sporting goods etc, etc. All in walking distance. That meant a lot to us, maybe nothing to others! I felt the area was safe and I liked the Ramada that we stayed in. I would consider it again and if it was the most competitive I would rebook that hotel.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2007

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel.
I had Sunday brunch in the restaurant and it was
excellent and it at an excellent price. I highly recommend
even if just coming for Sunday brunch.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed October 12, 2007

This hotel was okay, its got a great location and the most comfortable bed i have ever slept on including excellent pillows. The walls were freshly painted, so i did not see any of the "removed picture" complaints. I was annoyed that I had made my reservation 2 months in advance, checked in on time and got a room that was located between the stairwell and the elevator and faced a brick wall. I was only there for one night and only there to sleep so i didn't dwell on it too much. bathroom was clean, old, but functional. There was a good selection of television station and the TV had a sleep function. The air conditioning unit did not work well and actually woke us up when it sounded like a construction site in the middle of NYC. I did complain the next morning about that and they discounted our room which was really nice.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Ramada in Ithaca in August. We found the staff and the services to be excellent. We flew into the Ithaca Airport on Saturday, August 25th for a funeral the following Monday without a reservation. From the airport, we called several hotels with no vacancies - then we called the Ramada. Not only did they have a vacancy, but they picked us up from the airport (saving us $26 for a 5 minute trip). The driver told us that the rooms had recently been remodeled and continued to tell us about the Ramada's Sunday brunch. He was informed and very pleasant. While checking in, we were treated very nicely by the staff and the manager. They conveyed their condolences about our loss and proceeded to upgrade us to a suite! We were informed that the guest rooms had been remodeled and the hotel was now 100% smoke free - an added bonus!

We were directed to our room, and were so pleasantly surprised. The room was light and airy and the room decor was beautiful - I could tell that a lot of thought went into the rooms accommodations. The bed was obviously new, my husband says it was the best sleep hes had in years!

With nothing to do until Monday, we visited the lobby and asked about area dining. The manager told us that the Ramada had a nice restaurant where we could get a good steak or hamburger. Being that both of us were tired, we decided that this was a good idea. The service was great, the food was simple, but delicious, and we decided that it was probably one of the best kept secrets in Ithaca.

On Sunday morning we went down for brunch - the restaurant was packed - we thought, "maybe this place isn't such a secret!" The manager, Geof, sat us immediately and we were waited on by Rob, who was pleasant and accommodating - there were so many delicious choices - my only complaint was the omelet line was too long. When presented with the bill, we thought there must have been a mistake - it was under $15.

After breakfast we wanted to sightsee, so again, we went to the front desk and to our delight, the clerk gave us a map of Ithaca, and another for Cornell as well as an "Ithaca is Gorges" book and told us about the lovely waterfalls and wineries in the area. She arranged for a rental car for us and off we went.

We dined at the Ramada twice more before we left - both times we were treated very, very well.

Although the reason for our trip was a sad one, the entire staff at this hotel was informed, polite and very very accommodating and made our experience so much better than it should have been considering the circumstances. We appreciate the kindness we were shown and want to thank them publicly for their hospitality!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank MinneapolisLeslie
Reviewed August 19, 2007

The staff at the Ramada were unfailingly courteous and often well-informed. They were also cooperative and willing to help.
In short, they were the best thing about this hotel, which is located in a plesant, but not precisely scenic shopping mall. The halls were dark, there were cracks in the caulking, and nothing seemed newly decorated. The outdoor pool was closed during a record heat wave. Still given a choice, I would stay at the Ramada again, on account of its great staff. One nice thing about the location is the proximity to Sapsucker Woods. Bird lovers will want to be sure to stop there during their stay.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business