“Good price to quality ratio”

Ramada Ithaca Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
louisiana
“Good price to quality ratio”
Reviewed October 31, 2007

Ithaca is a well known college town and I kinda booked at the last minute. Most of the chain motels were grossly overpriced in my opinion. I paid $95 plus tax on this room which was reasonable comparing to what others were charging. I also chose it because it was so called just renovated. Well that's partially true. They have not yet done the bathrooms, but have done the rest of the room with new carpet, a very comforable recliner, Thomasville furniture and new mattresses. I felt the mattress was of great quality, however my wife hated it (said her side sagged). Plenty of fluffy pillows and new linens. Still have tube style TVs. Many renovations in hotels are going to LCD. Bathrooms are seriously out of date but they are working on them. Room was clean, quiet and comfy. Free wireless connection a plus! Elevator was dirty and got even dirtier as we stayed the two days. We went to Ithaca as part of a vacation to view the phenomenal falls in the very close area (3 major falls within a 10 mile radius). I loved the location. About 5 miles away from the busy campus but within walking distance of the very nice Pyramid mall ( they have a cement path leading to it from the back of the hotel). There is a very nice carwash, 2 Subways sandwiches, a McDonald's, an Applebee's, a Best Buy, a Borders bookstore, a Target, Dick's sporting goods etc, etc. All in walking distance. That meant a lot to us, maybe nothing to others! I felt the area was safe and I liked the Ramada that we stayed in. I would consider it again and if it was the most competitive I would rebook that hotel.

• Liked — Price and location
  • Disliked — Dated bathrooms (they are updating them presently)
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Indiana
Reviewed October 13, 2007

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel.
I had Sunday brunch in the restaurant and it was
excellent and it at an excellent price. I highly recommend
even if just coming for Sunday brunch.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
New York, NY
Reviewed October 12, 2007

This hotel was okay, its got a great location and the most comfortable bed i have ever slept on including excellent pillows. The walls were freshly painted, so i did not see any of the "removed picture" complaints. I was annoyed that I had made my reservation 2 months in advance, checked in on time and got a room that was located between the stairwell and the elevator and faced a brick wall. I was only there for one night and only there to sleep so i didn't dwell on it too much. bathroom was clean, old, but functional. There was a good selection of television station and the TV had a sleep function. The air conditioning unit did not work well and actually woke us up when it sounded like a construction site in the middle of NYC. I did complain the next morning about that and they discounted our room which was really nice.

• Liked — the beds
  • Disliked — the bathroom was old
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed September 11, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Ramada in Ithaca in August. We found the staff and the services to be excellent. We flew into the Ithaca Airport on Saturday, August 25th for a funeral the following Monday without a reservation. From the airport, we called several hotels with no vacancies - then we called the Ramada. Not only did they have a vacancy, but they picked us up from the airport (saving us $26 for a 5 minute trip). The driver told us that the rooms had recently been remodeled and continued to tell us about the Ramada's Sunday brunch. He was informed and very pleasant. While checking in, we were treated very nicely by the staff and the manager. They conveyed their condolences about our loss and proceeded to upgrade us to a suite! We were informed that the guest rooms had been remodeled and the hotel was now 100% smoke free - an added bonus!

We were directed to our room, and were so pleasantly surprised. The room was light and airy and the room decor was beautiful - I could tell that a lot of thought went into the rooms accommodations. The bed was obviously new, my husband says it was the best sleep hes had in years!

With nothing to do until Monday, we visited the lobby and asked about area dining. The manager told us that the Ramada had a nice restaurant where we could get a good steak or hamburger. Being that both of us were tired, we decided that this was a good idea. The service was great, the food was simple, but delicious, and we decided that it was probably one of the best kept secrets in Ithaca.

On Sunday morning we went down for brunch - the restaurant was packed - we thought, "maybe this place isn't such a secret!" The manager, Geof, sat us immediately and we were waited on by Rob, who was pleasant and accommodating - there were so many delicious choices - my only complaint was the omelet line was too long. When presented with the bill, we thought there must have been a mistake - it was under $15.

After breakfast we wanted to sightsee, so again, we went to the front desk and to our delight, the clerk gave us a map of Ithaca, and another for Cornell as well as an "Ithaca is Gorges" book and told us about the lovely waterfalls and wineries in the area. She arranged for a rental car for us and off we went.

We dined at the Ramada twice more before we left - both times we were treated very, very well.

Although the reason for our trip was a sad one, the entire staff at this hotel was informed, polite and very very accommodating and made our experience so much better than it should have been considering the circumstances. We appreciate the kindness we were shown and want to thank them publicly for their hospitality!

• Liked — The exemplary service!
  • Disliked — Everything was fabulous!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank MinneapolisLeslie
Palo Alto
Reviewed August 19, 2007

The staff at the Ramada were unfailingly courteous and often well-informed. They were also cooperative and willing to help.
In short, they were the best thing about this hotel, which is located in a plesant, but not precisely scenic shopping mall. The halls were dark, there were cracks in the caulking, and nothing seemed newly decorated. The outdoor pool was closed during a record heat wave. Still given a choice, I would stay at the Ramada again, on account of its great staff. One nice thing about the location is the proximity to Sapsucker Woods. Bird lovers will want to be sure to stop there during their stay.

• Liked — Staff
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 4, 2007

We stayed at the Ramada Inn the weekend of July 27 - 29 to attend a wedding at the Cornell University chappel. I would NOT stay at this facility again. The check in staff was pleasant but uninfomred. They gave us a room in which the bathroom was in serious disrepair. The bathtub tiles were dirty, as was the drain. The walls in the room were in serious need of refinishing. We complained to the manager (who was quite pleasant and apologetic about the state of the motel). She gave us another room. The bathroom in the new room was marginally better, but still the drain was dirty. The drain in the sink did not work. The carpet in the new room was dirty and there were carpet patches. We were given a 10% reduction in our room charge.

I said I would not stay at this facility again because this is a Ramada branded motel. Ramada is purportedly of a certain standard. In my view, this motel falls far below the standard one would expect from Ramada.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — facility needs refurbishing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ottawan

Travelers are raving about these Ithaca hotels

Corning New York
Reviewed April 11, 2007

I attended a business training conference yesterday at this Ramada - wasn't aware at the time that they call it an Executive Conference Center. I certainly would not have guessed it from the facilities. Do not plan to host your next business meeting here.
Conference tables were those bare board types - usually covered with a cloth. Some conference participants had nails and screws sticking up above the table surfaces - no cloths.
It was cold, even with a packed room. Around 2pm, it started to feel comfortable but the conference ended at 3pm. (We were wearing coats from 8:30am on...)
The second room we used was upstairs - an classroom/auditorium setup. The wood surfaces on each level were so dusty we could write out notes in the dust. The water glasses were a bit dirty - how to really check them out before you found a clean glass.
The usual coffee/decaf/hot water setup was available in the back of the room. The hotel staff did not clear away rubbish and dirty cups and glasses between breaks, and not even during the 1.5 hour lunch when we were away. We had to request a cleanup when we got back from lunch.
The middle stall of the ladies room wouldn't flush during the 10am break. During the afternoon break, it still wasn't working and no sign was posted on the door. I thought perhaps no one had told hotel staff. I went to the front desk and the desk attendant was on the phone discussing rates. I didn't find anyone else. I waited five minutes, and the desk attendant didn't even acknowledge that she saw me there and would help me when her call was completed.
During the last session, a radio news station began playing over the speaker system. We figured out on our own how to turn it off when staff wasn't readily available to help.
Little amenities were missing - no pencils, no information on where the restrooms or public phones were, no idea if there was a business center to use during lunch hour, no one checking to see if our needs were being met.
To top it off - I couldn't find comment cards in the lobby or at the front desk. I did get a business card - no managers name - and the desk attendant said she could not give me the manager's name or email.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled on business