“Better than a Star~ucks”
Review of Gimme Coffee

Gimme Coffee
Ranked #5 of 9 Coffee & Tea in Ithaca
Ithaca, New York
“Better than a Star~ucks”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Been getting my coffee here since they opened years ago. Coffee is mostly OK, sometimes the lines are a little long, bathrooms are kinda clean, better than mast...

Visited August 2013

Pennsylvania
“Not a fan”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Considering prices are about the same as Starbucks and the Coffee Roaster a block down the street, I don't know why anyone would buy coffee here. Coffee was mediocre and the place was not very clean.

Visited June 2012
Ithaca, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perhaps there are too many coffee houses”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Perhaps there are too many coffee houses, and Gimmie! no longer makes the grade, at least here in the home town of Ithaca. I used to be a regular, drinking everything from drip coffee and espresso to (attempts at) cappuccino. I had become so loyal a customer that it took me some months to realize that I had been paying an extra dollar for cappuchino, when they were in fact serving lattes (I drink both). Direct commentary to the baristas did not help the situation, because they made the drinks as they had been trained (by the Gimmie! management). It is too bad that the company has gone downhill; I used to visit the Cayuga Street location during highschool. It is no longer affordable and, with such an global atmosphere of coffee-mania, they are neglecting the quality of product and merely cashing in on a franchise like any big company.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Benjamin T
Rome
“smooth and full of flavor”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I only got a quick basic take out on an early Saturday morning. There was no line, no wait. The coffee had a good strong taste, but nothing acid tasting to go along with it. It was very smooth and delicious.

• Visited August 2012
New York
“Small Batch Snob”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I'm a small batch coffee/espresso snob. I find that I enjoy their drinks but only in there locations. I've tried making coffee at home with their beans but it just doesn't taste nearly as good. I'm vegan and have a soy intolerance so I have to bring an alternative plant mylk with me. They are always great about accommodating my dietary needs. The staff take their positions seriously and will help you to select the right drink. They are not pretentious or pushy. They will guide you but will ultimately allow you to order whatever you want which I appreciate. The decor is very plain which I dislike. It looks clean but it also looks wicked mainstream and corporate. Its not a pleasant space to be in.

• Visited July 2012