“Terrible service, cheap tactics.”

Hal's Delicatessen & Sandwich
Ranked #131 of 261 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Wakefield, Massachusetts
“Terrible service, cheap tactics.”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I ordered Hal's one morning pulling an all-nighter for midterms. My total was around 10 dollars. I handed the delivery man, who took over an hour to arrive, a 20 dollar bill and asked for the change. He tells me that he doesn't carry change. Since I had a midterm to be at in an hour, I had to relent and let him have the $20 although the food was awful, freezing cold, and very late. I will never order here again.

Visited December 2011
3 Thank fs4542

Ithaca NY
“A delightful institution”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

This place has been around forever and the folks who run it are as nice as they can be. The decor is classic no-frills deli, the food is consistent and a great value, and the place has a committed following. The people who run it are great.

Visited June 2011
Ithaca, New York
“Hal's Deli - a bit of NYC”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Hal's is the only Jewish deli in town. Don't miss the tiny potato pancakes!

Hudson, New York
“Best deal for families”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Remembered this place from my college days in the 1980s and was glad to see it was still here. Hal's offers good-quality hamburgers, hot dogs and deli sandwiches at very reasonable prices. We were delighted to find that, instead of having a kids' menu, they give half off of any menu item for kids under 12, yet don't shrink the portion. Such a deal!

Visited October 2011
Falls Church, Va
“Who else delivers breakfast on Sunday?”
Reviewed April 11, 2011

This place was great. I loved my egg, sausage, and cheese sandwich. I was thrilled they delivered especially when I really didn't feel like going anywhere for breakfast. Most definitely will order here again.

• Visited April 2011