“Very nice stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Rochester, NY
“Very nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2007

My husband and I had a very nice 3-night stay here over President's Day weekend (February). We stayed in the 400 wing (thanks to an earlier reviewer's comments); room included gas fireplace and jacuzzi, and king size bed. Room was spacious; would have been better if it included a small table. The only problem we had was regulating the heater; when it was on, it ended up being about 75 degrees! Continental breakfast was more than adequate: it included fruit, juices, cereal, yogurt, bagels, muffins, coffee, instant oatmeal!
The hotel is convenient to Cornell campus, downtown Ithaca, and Pyramid Mall (short drives away). We will stay here again!

• Liked — spacious room and bathroom
  • Disliked — room heater was hard to regulate
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2006

I was pleasantly surprised by my stay here. Three years ago, I found this hotel to be dingy, and was only staying here again because of its proximity to campus. As another reviewer suggested, ask for a room in the 400's, a newer wing. The rooms here are large and clean (though I did find gum on the back of the bed while I was searching for an electrical socket). Also, a free wireless Internet connection! The staff was polite and all my requests for shuttles to campus were fulfilled in a timely manner.

Stayed January 2006
4 Thank MicaelaLynn
various
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2005

I stayed there for 2 nights while visiting Cornell. The phone in my room didn't work. The closet door wouldn't open or close. The batteries in the TV remote control were held in by a piece of strapping tape. When I tried to open the window in my room, the handle came off in my hand. The bathroom door was plastic and partly caved in. The hair dryer in the bathroom had been replaced with a smaller model, but they didn't fill in the large hole left by the previous one. The toilet ran. The "complementary breakfast" area was overrun with people, so even if I had wanted weak coffee in a styrofoam cup and a microwaved pastry, I wouldn't have been able to sit down or even stand there to consume it.

This place needs a major overhaul. Until that happens, don't stay there.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank heads26

Travelers are raving about these Ithaca hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2005

70's style hotel...good, clean, funky room with a cathedral ceiling.

• Stayed July 2005
2 Thank John W
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2005

We stayed at the Best Western University Inn for one night on our way to Watkins Glen. The rooms are a nice size and there was plenty of room for our family of five. The room we stayed in had two double beds and a pullout couch. Most importantly, the rooms were very clean. My husband thought it rivaled any $300+/night rooms he stays in for business. The room has a small microwave oven , a coffee maker and a small refrigerator. . In the morning, there was a breakfast buffet in the hotel lobby. The selections included bagels, muffins, toast, boiled eggs, stuffed egg bacon cheese rolls, sausage and cheese bagels, cereals, fresh fruit, waffles and of course coffee, tea and juices. My children had a ball. I would not hesitate to stay there again or to recommend this hotel. We paid $129.00/night.

• Stayed June 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2005

We stayed here for two nights. The check-in staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was fine, clean and comfortable, and had nice high ceilings. It included a small fridge and microwave, which we didn't use. We used the free hotel shuttle to head down to the Moosewood Restaurant for dinner, and called them again to pick us up afterward. A really nice service when you are tired from a day of travelling and don't feel like doing any more driving!
When we returned from dinner there was a very noisy party going on in the next room. We called the front desk and they immediately switched us to a new room which was nicer than the first room.
The complimentary continental breakfast was not the greatest if you like healthy foods (lots of sugary, fatty stuff), but what was there was plentiful.
I would definitely go back to this hotel, but only if I could get a good rate through Priceline again. It wouldn't be worth it to pay full price, or the inflated prices that come with special events at Cornell.

Stayed May 2005
3 Thank soozieQzie
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2005

Very clean and spacious hotel. Request rooms/suite in the 400's. Rooms
have equestrian theme. Very clean, with refrigerator, microwave, and fireplace. Huge bathroom, with large sink and shower. I've stayed at 4 and 5 star hotels and for the value and cleanliness this one gets my vote. The linens were also comfortable. Most important, it was impeccably clean. If you have ever stayed at a Parisian hotel, or a 4star hotel in NYC you will appreciate the size of these rooms and bathroom.

Stayed April 2005