“Great place: clean and spacious rooms, very friendly staff!”

Best Western University Inn
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Staff was very friendly! Desk clerk was very helpful with questions that I, and other guests, had. Room was spacious and very clean! Comfortable bed and nice linens. Bathroom was spotless! Quiet "lobby" area inside rear entrance.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Best47958, Director of Sales at Best Western University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Huglsey,
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We are very proud of our staff who do strive to make our hotel such an enjoyable experience. When your travels bring you back to Ithaca, I hope that you will stay with us. Ithaca Festival is a great time to visit Ithaca.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Reasonable price with a comfortable king size bed, clean room, quiet location in the rear of facility. Included free breakfast and free shuttle to and from Ithaca Commons for dinner & concert at State Theater. Friendly staff, especially shuttle driver. Highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Quieter at the rear (farther away from main office, etc.)
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daphne B
Best47958, Director of Sales at Best Western University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Hi, Daphne,
We really appreciate your recommendation for our hotel. We are thrilled that you had the chance to explore The Commons and were glad you able to take adavantage our shuttle. We hope you will consider us again when returning to Ithaca.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Service was friendly and helpful. They offer decent, but far from fancy, rooms and breakfast is included in the rate. I used their complimentary shuttle to Cornell buildings, and it was alright. My experience there was good and I´ll consider staying there again if I go to Ithaca for meetings at Cornell.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Best47958, Director of Sales at Best Western University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Gustavo,
Thanks for your review of your recent stay with us. We do try to listen to our customers on how to make our breakfast more varied and appealing. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our shuttle service to Cornell. When you return to Cornell University, I hope that you will stay with us again!
Best regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Hotel staff is professional, courteous, caring and a real pleasure to work with. Quiet hotel. No people slamming doors, talking in the hallways all night. Most comfortable beds to sleep on. Great breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Hi, Ron,
Thank you for your refreshing view on your stay with us. Your input makes us even more proud to serve our customers. I hope you the chance to eat at Agava when you were here. It's just downt the street! We hope to see you again in the future!
Best,

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Outer appreance is so-so, beds were very comfortable. Too far from downtown to walk. It would have been nice to have a guide on local attractions and a guide for the cable channels. Fine place to stay for sleeping and a shower. Wouldn't spend any extra time there, nothing to do onsite or nearby.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Angela,
Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Although we are a mile from downtown, our shuttle will take our guests to the Commons in the evening. Our shuttle also goes to Cornell University and Collegetown where there is a host of different things to do, eating, theatre, museums. When you return to Ithaca, please give us a call and we can assist you with planning your stay.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for business since 2002. I was so not impressed the first time I stayed there, I hesitated to stay again. But, because of the price I did stay. I didn't really enjoy it - it seemed dank, musty, unclean, inefficient, just not a place I wanted to be. So I stayed at the Hampton once it was built. However, over the years, I stayed occasionally, and realized that the Best Western was indeed trying to make things better. I have spent six nights here in the last month, and really could not be happier. The changes at the front desk - from check in to check out are wonderful! They have moved the breakfast to a separate area which makes SO MUCH more sense, and makes breakfast so much more enjoyable. The new furniture in the lobby area is really very nice, something I would have in my home! My last experience was very good - I was travelling for an 1130 am meeting at Cornell University, and knew I would not have a chance to get back to the hotel until at least 9 pm - so I phoned before 7 am, asking whether I would be able to check in before my meeting. When I arrived, the desk person stated they had a note that I had phoned, and the my room was ready! WOW! As I headed to my room with my hands full, juggling to find my key, one of the housekeeping staff asked if she could open the door for me - wow - sure - thanks! The temperature in the room was perfect - nice and toasty (as compared to the frigid temps outside). When I left my room an hour later to head to my meeting, I saw the same housekeeper and thanked her again for letting me into the room. She asked if I would like my room made up while I was gone - wow - I said thanks, but no need. I then took the shuttle over to Cornell - the driver, like everyone else I encountered this stay, was friendly, warm, caring, compassionate - just the best. Check out was a breeze - I phoned the front desk to say I was leaving, and I left! This is they type of service I appreciate, and am very grateful to see the Best Western trying to step it up.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Beverly M
Best47958, Director of Sales at Best Western University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Dear Beverly,
Thank you for your candid thoughts on your history with the Best Western University Inn. Although we are not perfect, we do try to make each guest experience a special one. We now have a stand up meeting each morning to look at our online reviews with the staff amd brainstorm what we will work on that day.

We are grateful to have gotten that second chance and look forward to seeing you in the future.
Best,

Reviewed February 28, 2014

ok accommodations; room not as clean as most under bed, along walls, carpet crumbs, food left in refrigerator by previous guest.. breakfast ok for price..good location if interested in cornell university, shops and stores nearby;.parking ample. staff pleasant and efficient. good checkout time (12 noon).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear H9906Zfranks,
Thanks for posting your comments and giving us the chance to repond. We certainly apologize that that guestroom was not to your expectations and have printed your comments to review in our morning meeting with the houskeepers. Please do call me when you are in town next and I will personally take care of your reservation.