“Delicious baklava!”

Istanbul Turkish Kitchen
Ranked #22 of 261 Restaurants in Ithaca
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Istanbul Turkish Kitchen offers Ithaca's only authentic, delicious Turkish cuisine. Our unique menu boasts mouth-watering, exotic meat & vegetarian selections prepared for you fresh, in-house, everyday. We invite you to join us for your next meal, as we hope to transport you to the tastes, smells and sights of Istanbul for a one-of-a-kind dining experience
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Delicious baklava!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have to tell everyone that this place has some of the best baklava I've ever had!

Also, the meal portions are very generous - I recommend the Doner Kebab (beef and lamb cooked "gyro" style and serve in thin slices). Very good and flavorful. I also got the pureed eggplant as a side which comes on the Hunkar Kebab because it was so delish. If you have ever eaten Mediterranean food, it's similar to Baba Ghanoush.

Only reason why it's not a 5 is because they don't yet have a bar ( I would've liked a cocktail or glass of wine with dinner). But the food is delicious and you HAVE to order the baklava!

• Turkish first
Ithaca, New York
“Excellent, authentic Turkish food”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have eaten at Istanbul Turkish Kitchen 3 times, twice with my husband and once by myself. The food has been consistantly delicious. My husband and I spent 12 days traveling in Turkey last year, and had meals in Istanbul, Ankara, Cappadocia, Pamukkale, Kusadasi and many points in between, including lunch at the home of a local family. We find the food at Istanbul Turkish Kitchen to be consistant with the best meals we ate in Turkey. The kebobs are perfectly seasoned, the beef and lamb very tender and lean, and served with traditonal rice pilav or - at lunch - flat bread, along with salad and fabulous roasted sweet peppers. Vegetarian dishes are on the menu, though I have not tried those yet. Their tea is strong and served in the same shaped glasses that are traditional for tea in Turkey. The backlava is very good. They do not have a liquer license as of this writing, but you may BYOB. The waitstaff is very friendly and efficient. There is only 1 outside table; it's not a big restaurant. We were priviledged to meet the chef during our dinner, and he was warm, hospitable, and returned my greeting in Turkish, along with much more Turkish than I could understand! We plan to eat here often.

Ithaca, New York
“Terrific New Find in Ithaca!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is a great new addition to the wonderful list of restaurants in Ithaca, and in a location where you won't have to struggle to find parking even on a Friday night. Atmosphere is comfortable and inviting, food is excellent and prices reasonable. Service was attentive (without being cloying) and friendly. This location has struggled with several very good restaurants finding it difficult to get the business they need to survive. I think this latest effort might just strike the right balance. No liquor license yet- but you are welcome to bring your own (and excellent Red Feet wine is right around the corner!)

1 Thank Kathleen M