“Irish Pub In Hotel”

Kilpatrick's Publick House
Ranked #72 of 261 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: American, Irish, Pub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Kilpatrick's Publick House is Ithaca's premier Irish Pub. Serving Top-Notch Irish/English Cuisine. We proudly use as many local ingredients as possible. Our beautiful coppertop bar is second to none. Serving up carefully crafted cocktails. Not to mention we are the first bar in Ithaca to serve Farm-To-Glass. Stop in and see what's the fuss is about at Ithaca's ONLY Irish Pub!
New City, New York
“Irish Pub In Hotel”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We were guests at the hotel and we met our daughter who live here for dinner. A nice touch was that they do not use peanut oil in cooking since she has a peanut allergy. The Pub has an Irish themmed menu with a large choice of beer. The food was reasonable and the quantities were quite large.

Visited June 2014
JerryArsen, General Manager at Kilpatrick's Publick House, responded to this review, November 18, 2014
I just wanted to thank you so very much for taking the time to write your review via Trip Advisor. We started changing our menu to included Gluten Free as well as peanut free allergy food items. We are very glad you enjoyed your meal with us and hope to see you again soon.

New York City, New York
“Solid-ish option in the Commons for a pint and a burger”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I visited Kilpatrick's multiple times while staying at the Hilton Garden Inn, which is in the same building, during a business trip in month of May.

The beer and scotch selection are appropriately stout (pun intended) for an Irish bar and the menu features a variety of Irish classics, burgers, salads and bar staples (e.g., wings).

In the few times I visited, I saw several of the same faces, so there is a locals/regulars vibe, which is nice.

The food is fresh and can be navigated by those on stricter diets.

Good place to watch a hockey game, but be prepared to defend your turf if you choose to watch something not NHL related during the Stanley Cup Playoffs (cough: NBA).

I will go back when I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, but dunno if I would make a special trip to Kilpatrick's if I were not a guest at the hotel.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank midnyterambla
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. The city garage should be done soon with the repairs soon. Our staff members strive to make our guest feel at home.
Schenectady, NY
“Not a place we'll return to”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My husband and I wanted a nice, pub-style meal. The menu is very extensive and there seemed to be a lot of good choices. He ordered Shepherd's Pie, and I had the "Garbage Plate" - pulled pork, macaroni and cheese and onion rings. Each came with a salad.
The lettuce in the salads was limp. Obviously it had been left out since it wasn't cold either. When our dinners arrived, they were room temperature bordering on cold. My pulled pork portion was very small. The mac and cheese was bland, and the onion rings were almost burnt. It didn't help that nothing was hot, just barely warm. My husband's Shepherd's Pie was barely warm as well.
We should have sent everything back, but after spending the day on the wine trail we were just tired and hungry.
The one good thing was that the service was very good. However, this isn't a place I would recommend or return to.

• Visited May 2014
I just wanted to thank you so very much for taking the time to write your review via Trip Advisor. I know that you are very busy but I cannot tell you how incredibly important your feedback is! I apologize that you were not extremely satisfied with your dinner. We are always trying to grow as a team and provide our guests with superior food and services. It seems we fell short of achieving this during your stay. I have had a meeting with our chef to go over your comments and to get some insight as to why we failed. This is very important to me and our team to show you the kind of quality food you can expect from our Chef’s.
Ithaca, New York
“Nice menu for a pub”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Good menu with enough choices for everyone. Good food at a very good price! Good craft beers! Great location in downtown Ithaca.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank RichT13_13
JerryArsen, General Manager at Kilpatrick's Publick House, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, NY and thank you for the feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your experience during your recent visit to our Pub. Our craft beers are some of the best in town.
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We just happened upon Kilpatricks, and we were very pleased. The atmosphere was great, the service friendly. Loved the bar and decor. The beer selection is more than adequate (hey, it is and Irish pub). It was great not to be constantly asked if we were ready to order, as it was our first time. The menu selection was diverse and offers something for everyone. I had the Guinness burger, which was excellent. My wife had a Reuben, she was equally pleased. We'll definitely be stopping in again.

We at Kilpatrick’s Irish Pub are so very happy you enjoyed the experience.