“fun place”

Kilpatrick's Publick House
Ranked #75 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: American, Irish, Pub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Kilpatrick’s Publick House is a traditional Irish pub featuring authentic Irish-inspired and American cuisine. Our bar offers classic cocktails, Finger Lakes wines, and the most extensive draft list in the area, with 21 taps. Located next to the Hilton Garden Inn of Ithaca, we consider ourselves to be a “place for everyone,” catering not just to a steady bar crowd, but also to families and business travelers who are visiting the area.
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I was there on a Thursday night and had a great time! The age group is mixed with many Cornell and IC students there. Particularly the music students.

JerryArsen, Manager at Kilpatrick's Publick House, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for your review about our Karaoke night! Hope you had fun listening to DJ Elephant Sound with Bob Higgins. He's our favorite Karaoke master who gets the best singers in town to stop by and even had David Boreanaz on stage!! The crowd is diverse on Thursday nights from 10p-1a so thank you for coming and showing your singing spirit. Cheers!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

A disappointing experience with the hallway dining area to the lukewarm steak to the above average bill

JerryArsen, General Manager at Kilpatrick's Publick House, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for the feedback on TripAdvisor. I am very sorry you did not enjoy your dinning experience with us. In the past we had tried to accommodate large parties by using the Breakfast area for overflow we have now stopped using this area. Again sorry we could not fit your group in Kilpatrick’s Pub at the time. I do hope you will afford us the opportunity to show you what Kilpatrick’s Pub is all about. I am sincerely sorry for the deficiencies you encountered.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I had a very ordinary dinner--corned beef and cabbage. The meat was tender but not seasoned; the cabbage had no flavor; the mashed potatoes were the best part of the plate. I had to wait five minutes to be seated, despite the many open tables. My server was pleasant and generally helpful, though when I asked about an item she said she hadn't eaten it so didn't know how it was. The people at the bar seemed very happy. I won't be back.

Thank you for your response Nancy. I'm sorry that you had an ordinary dinner with us as we do try and provide a unique atmosphere to our guests. Despite your poor experience we would like to see you again as a guest and we hope you give us another opportunity to show you what we're about. Thank you again for your input and happy dining!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I like to stop in when I am looking to have an afternoon beer while finishing up work, or catch some sports between meetings. The bar has a good variety of beer, and a whiskey selection that rivals the beer selection.

The food has gotten better recently, the menu has a nice selection of traditional Irish fair, as well as some more familiar bar favorites. I'm a big fan of an app. they have that roast beef wrapped around a cheesy filling, I don't know exactly what it is but it is REALLY good. When it first comes out on the cloverleaf tray, your first thought is that your not getting a lot for the price, but it is worth every penny!!

JerryArsen, Manager at Kilpatrick's Publick House, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for your review about your experience with us at Kilpatrick's!! We always love to hear customer reviews and we're glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Don't forget to keep an eye out for our new menu coming out this November and again thank you for your patronage. Cheers!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great draft beer selection in a very warm and welcoming atmosphere. Bartender was friendly, menu was varied and had something for everyone.

Thank you for your review about your experience with us! We're glad that you had a good time and we hope to see you again. Don't forget about our happy hour from 3p-6p with great drink specials and look out for us at the Ithaca Oktoberfest this weekend (Oct. 26th 2p-6p) where you can find a little fun for everyone in downtown Ithaca!