“Good hotel, good service, good value”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
New York City, New York
“Good hotel, good service, good value”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We held a company off site here and everything was just as we hoped. The food was good - not fancy, but certaily adequate. The rooms were very nice and very large. The pillows are notable for both the quantity and selection on the bed - and, there were two more in the closet. The hotel staff were above average for this type of hotel (e.g. this is not a 5 star hotel).
Everything was clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: You are close to the highway. Ask for a room that faces away from the highway - futher down the long...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
whgecomm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Consultantgal:
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to our hotel. I am happy to learn you were satisfied with our accomodations and services we offer. More importantly, I am pleased to read you thought so highly of our Team of Associates, as they are the ones that make our hotel! I will be sure to share your comments with our entire Staff.

If you are ever back in the area on business or pleasure, I hope you will come back and visit!

Alisha Case

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 5, 2012

A pleasant hotel, with nice staff at the breakfast area. The room was clean. I didn't realize that our room (suite 100) faced an off-ramp from the highway. The noise wasn't apparent until we settled in for the night and by then our stuff was all unpacked and it was too late to contemplate moving. All night long you hear the noise of every truck that gears down and brakes as they drive by. My complaint at checkout was met with a shrug from the front desk who even completed my sentence as I started to describe the noise... "from the highway...?" Disappointing that they would put people in those rooms at all knowing they are unusable. Worse that they wouldn't offer to discount my stay or offer any compensation.
On a positive note, the kids loved the breakfast of waffles etc.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms as far away from the front entrance as possible. (the front entrance faces an offra...
NJoenophile
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Spent a night visiting Ithaca College. Hotel about 15 minutes away from the school. Staff friendly and helpful. Room was clean. Breakfast was fine. Only complaint is that the beer is only sold by the six pack :-(

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
whgecomm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear NJoenophile:
Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience during your recent stay with us. I am happy to read you were satisfied with our location, accommodations, services and Staff. I will be sharing your comments with our Team as they enjoy hearing our guests' feedback. If you are ever in the Ithaca area again, I hope you will come and visit us!

Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed for one night prior to moving my son into college. It was a relatively last minute choice to stay over night and our favorite hotel in the area was sold out. The Homewood Suites is on the opposite side of town from Ithaca College. There is a strip mall within walking distance but we prefer downtown people watching and shopping to television. Since we stayed on the weekend, breakfast (very good and lots of selections) was our only meal option. This hotel is clean and everyone was very nice however they allow dogs. I'm okay with dogs but not when their barking keeps me up at night. Yes, I should have called the desk in the middle of the night to let them know. I spoke up in the morning. There were 3 dogs registered. They were grouped together on the first floor near the lobby. I was on the second floor in the back. Long story short, there is a charge for your furry travel companion because a "deep clean" must be done on your room when you leave. You see some of us are allergic to dogs and would be mighty upset to have our allergies act up because you wanted to save a few bucks by sneaking Rover into your room. PS It was a St. Bernard or Mastiff. S/he was doing his/her morning ritual in the parking lot as we loaded our car to leave. No, it was not one of the registered pets. I checked.

Room Tip: Ask to be near to (or far from) the registered dogs if bringing your pet. Much closer to Cornell tha...
New York
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed for one night to help my daughter move into college. We had a 1 bedroom on the ground floor. The room was equipped with a full kitchen, 2 TV sets, and was clean and comfortable. Also, the bathtub/shower and toilet is separate from the bathroom sink which is convenient so someone can use the sink when someone else is showering. They offer complimentary coffee all day long and complimentary hot breakfast which has plenty of choices and is really great. They have a very nice indoor swimming pool and fitness room. Overall, this hotel is one of the best we've stayed at in Ithaca and we plan to come back again.

1 Thank TravelerfromMtKisco
miami, USA
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We have been staying at this place for a week now .......and from day 1 we have been impressed with the quality of service offered, right from check in , , to house keeping ...to the AMAZING breakfast.....Manager's special , everything.
They make you feel so welcome at breakfast, the nice lady is always walking around and asking guests if they need anything, they even offer you a box if you would like to eat the breakfast in your room...(my husband has these conference calls) so that helped make sure he would have something to eat....! The Manager's special would have a variety of foods (they even post a menu on your fridge ) which my daughter loved...I am a vegetarian so for me it was difficult to eat anything but one day they had corn on the cob so I enjoyed that :) also there was always a salad with a variety of toppings...my family's favorite was when they made tilapia with garlic and herbs.......!! The food does not look like it is from a box...it tastes like fresh cooked and made with lots of care. Then there is a guy who is always baking fresh cookies :) for dessert! There are also two-three other guys who are in charge of the food...ALL the people are exceptionally courteous and caring to the needs of the guests.They also have the shuttle service(which we have not used as we have a rental car, but have seen the guy who is everywhere, seems like he drives the shuttle, helps at Manager's special, runs errands etc...hard working guy!)
I am not mentioning any names coz everyone is great here :)!
The full kitchen helped me cook lunch daily...! They even have grills outdoors where they set it up for you and even clean up once you are done ! We plan to make some tandoori chicken over the weekend!
Laundry facility is also there. This is an ideal place for a long term stay....!
There are lots of restaurants round,,,more than any other place........if you want to eat out...!
oh , they put this cute little duck made from finger towels in your room, which is their mascot Louis/Luis .... soooooo cute! Belinda, from house keeping was sweet enough to teach me how to make it! Thanks everyone @ Homewood Suites for making our stay so comfortable!

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the Route 13........we requested and we got a room which is not on Route 13...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
whgecomm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear miamifriend:
Thank you so much for writing a review on your recent stay with us! I'm thrilled to read how much you've enjoyed your stay and happy you took advantage of our many services and amenities that we offer! I couldn't agree with you more on our Staff. Our Team is one of our biggest assets and I will be sure to pass on your comments to them! If you are ever back in the Ithaca area, I hope you will come and visit us again!

Portland, Maine
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed here on a cross country trip at the end of June the room was fantastic and the staff was amazing. They offer free dinner Mon-Thurs. until 7:30 p.m., we were not going to be checking in until after that so the front desk sent meals to our room and kept them in the refrigerator so we would have them when we arrived. We were incredibly thankful. The room was beautiful and spotless. The front desk staff happily greeted us upon arrival. There is a free breakfast buffet every morning and it has everything you can imagine. The friendly staff was on hand during breakfast and asked us if we had everything we needed and how the meal was. This hotel is definitely the gem of hotels in and around Ithaca!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family