“stinks”

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Idaho Springs, Colorado
“stinks”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

The hallways smelled terribly of body odor, we could't sleep because waves of a pungent burning odor kept appearing. It was way overpriced @$245--should have been more like $79. My daughter likened it to the Shining.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank naysayer1098

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Cincinnati, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

We reached Ithaca fairly late in the evening on a weekday and I had read up on this place on TripAdvisor. Saw good and bad reviews, but this was one of the cheaper places for Ithaca, so decided to stop in and check it out. We requested that we be allowed to look at the rooms prior to taking a room and they were very accommodating at the front desk. As we walked towards the rooms, the rooms were right on the parking lot with external balconies and the building looked to be in poor repair. We went to the "non-smoking" rooms and they reeked of smoke! What was worse was that they had seemd to have used some kind of "fragrance" to cover up the smell of cigarettes and that made it even more nauseating. Other than the smell, the rooms were dingy, the bathroom looked unclean, and we decided that this wasn't for us.

Went back to the front desk and said "thanks, but no thanks". The desk clerk said "sorry about that" and then mentioned that they have a new "luxury" building which is completely non-smoking and does not allow pets and suggested that we take a look at the rooms there. What a difference! Interior corridors, bigger rooms, a better bathroom, and no smell of smoke. Given the lateness of the hour, they only charged us a small premium per room for these rooms and we had a great stay there.

This is a cheap motel with thin sheets and not many of the amenities you may find at pricier hotels. The rooms came with a microwave (which malfunctioned) and a refrigerator. If you can get the new building for a reasonable price, I would definitely recommend this place for a cheap one night stay. The location is great for visiting Cornell University...

I suppose if you are a smoker or are travelling with pets and you are OK with a room that requires significant fixing, the old hotel is OK too for the price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank outofcvg
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

Had an extremely disappointing stay here over Cornell commencement weekend. Paid nearly $200 a night for a cruddy, dingy, run-down dive of a room in the older motel-style section, where doors open directly onto the parking lot. The gap under our door was so wide that pollen and cotton from the surrounding trees actually blew into the room overnight while we slept. The blanket on the bed had holes burned though it, the wallpaper was peeling off the walls, and the bathroom fixtures/finishes appeared to be decades old. As it was graduation weekend, all accommodations in and near Ithaca were fully booked, so we had no choice but to stay. I will not return here and will not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WestEndTraveler15

Travelers are raving about these Ithaca hotels

Galway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2010

Attended a wedding here and found the price of drink a complete disgrace. Rip off Ireland still exists.

• Stayed February 2010
1 Thank galwegian79
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2009

I give Meadow Court Inn a qualified recommendation. I'd read some poor reviews about this place so had low expectations and only selected it as all other hotels in town seemed to be booked. But we had no complaints. The older section of Meadow Court is a motel set-up, and I didn't see any of those rooms. We stayed in the new "deluxe" rooms/building, which aren't actually deluxe but are just more on par with your typical budget hotel room.

It was just fine - clean and with a small fridge and microwave, our non-smoking room was definitely non-smoking, and the location put us on the main drag going through town, within walking distance to downtown and to Cornell as well as across the street from a large grocery store. And though we were on the ground floor, there were large shrubs outside that covered much of the windows, which improved a feeling or privacy.

I feel we paid more than it was worth, but as other hotels were booked, I guess it was a supply & demand thing. I'm pleased to say I had no complaints, and though I wouldn't rush back, I also wouldn't mind staying here again in the "deluxe" rooms.

(We didn't try the continental breakfast or the on-site restaurant.)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LJMorken
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2009

I see some bad reviews of this place on here, but I don't think it's as bad as most people make it out to be. For $70 a night, you can't expect a 5 star hotel. It was a large room, reasonably clean and in decent condition. I'll give a rundown of the things I found to be mildly inconvenient...

1. The walls are thin and you can hear just about everything that goes on outside.

2. The plumbing isn't the best. The water in the shower kept alternating between hot and cold, but after a few minutes I could always tell when it was about to get cold, so I would jump back until it got hot again a few seconds later.

3. There is an in room coffee pot with free coffee, but I was not able to plug it in on the desk where it was located because the outlet had only two prongs and the coffee pot has three. I moved it to the nightstand where there was an outlet I could plug it into.

However, it is what it is. This motel is in a convenient location, there's a huge Wegmans right across the street, and it has a restaurant. Although I didn't eat at the restaurant, I've been told it's very good. I would stay at this motel again next time I go to Ithaca.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
New York, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2009

Zero stars, stayed during the Cornell move-in weekend, rate $189.00, room was in the old section walkin in level, room was decrepid, windows did not lock shut, asked to stay in the newer building, wanted an extra $30.00, ripoff, stayed the following night at the Statler, rate $240.00, a 5 star hotel, or go across the street to the Super 8 and pay $110.00, a lovely motel. Photo of hotel only shows the new building, not the decrepid old part of the motel, awwwfuull..

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family