“As Good As Any Other Budget Motel”
Review of Meadow Court Inn

Meadow Court Inn
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
Reviewed October 12, 2009

I see some bad reviews of this place on here, but I don't think it's as bad as most people make it out to be. For $70 a night, you can't expect a 5 star hotel. It was a large room, reasonably clean and in decent condition. I'll give a rundown of the things I found to be mildly inconvenient...

1. The walls are thin and you can hear just about everything that goes on outside.

2. The plumbing isn't the best. The water in the shower kept alternating between hot and cold, but after a few minutes I could always tell when it was about to get cold, so I would jump back until it got hot again a few seconds later.

3. There is an in room coffee pot with free coffee, but I was not able to plug it in on the desk where it was located because the outlet had only two prongs and the coffee pot has three. I moved it to the nightstand where there was an outlet I could plug it into.

However, it is what it is. This motel is in a convenient location, there's a huge Wegmans right across the street, and it has a restaurant. Although I didn't eat at the restaurant, I've been told it's very good. I would stay at this motel again next time I go to Ithaca.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 26, 2009

Zero stars, stayed during the Cornell move-in weekend, rate $189.00, room was in the old section walkin in level, room was decrepid, windows did not lock shut, asked to stay in the newer building, wanted an extra $30.00, ripoff, stayed the following night at the Statler, rate $240.00, a 5 star hotel, or go across the street to the Super 8 and pay $110.00, a lovely motel. Photo of hotel only shows the new building, not the decrepid old part of the motel, awwwfuull..

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2009

My family and I have stayed at the Meadow Court once a year for the last six years. This is a clean, comfortable and centrally located hotel in Ithaca that has served my family well. The staff is no-nonsense and will deliver what they promise and their prices are competitive with the others in the Ithaca area. If you are visiting Ithaca for the first time, you should know that there are no 5-star luxury resorts. Be realistic of what rooms are available in Ithaca. The Meadow Court is as good, if not better, that any other hotel in Ithaca and their prices are consistently better than their competition.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2009

I scored a room at the Meadow Court via hotwire.com and then I came to tripadvisor to read reviews. After seeing all the Meadow Court hate, I worried that I was locked into a hellish night in a fleabag filth shack. With great trepidation, we checked in. We were fortunately "upgraded" to a "deluxe" room, meaning the part of the property with inside hallways clearly marked NON-SMOKING and NO PETS. Expecting the worst, I immediately inspected the room for filth, hair, bugs, and bodily fluids and found none. The room was very clean, basic, nothing to write home about, but I slept fine and didn't wake up with ringworm. The bathroom looked to be recently updated, too. It's fairly close to the Ithaca shopping district, although it is on a nondescript street full of chain stores. As long as you get a room in the "deluxe" part of the property (I don't know how much that usually costs--we paid $80 on Hotwire), it's fine! It's really fine! Stop worrying!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2009

beware: there are two types of room in this hotel. The 'motel style' blocks are cheap with external facing doors. My colleague who stayed in one of these rooms described it as the 'hotel from hell'. I was in the newer 'hotel style' block where room doors faced internally to a hallway. I had a standard US hotel room - 2 queen beds, TV, bathroom on the left. Remote for the TV was missing and the night staff lacked manners. Otherwise unremarkable.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2009

1. The location was fine. A bit south of the main part of town, across the street from a shopping center (with supermarket, etc.).
2. The price was reasonable.
3. The hotel has two buildings. I was in the building in the back. The room was clean, comfortable and functional. Upon check-in, I was given a larger room than I had reserved, and the room also had a small fridge.
4. The front staffers were efficient and friendly.
Overall, it’s not the Ritz, but a perfectly adequate small hotel. No complaints.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2008

This was one of the worst stays I have ever had at a hotel. We were charged almost 250 per night. We requested a smoking room and a non-smoking room. Since I have worked at a hotel, I know that requests are only requests. A member of the group called multiple times stressing the need for a non-smoking room. The non-smoking room was needed due to a smoke allergy When we got into a room, they were both smoking rooms and we were told they was nothing they could do abobut changing us. The people who walked in (without reservations) checking in ahead of us got a lower rate and a non-smoking room.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)