“good food & good service”
Review of Joe's Restaurant

Joe's Restaurant
Ranked #64 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Joe's offers a wide variety of delicious appetizers, traditional Italian dinners, pizza and desserts, all with a Tuscan flare. We offer a full bar with a large selection of wine, beer and spirits. All appetizers are always half price in the bar area! We are guaranteed to have something for everyone, and vegetarian dishes are available!
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I was a little concerned about visiting Joe's. I haven't been there in 30 years and after reading some Tripadvisor reviews. But it was a very good meal along with good service, Which is rare at restaurants in Ithaca.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

My wife and I honeymooned in the area in 1994 and the owner of the Sage Cottage B-and-B recommended that we eat at Joes. The Sage Cottage is gone now, it seems (actually transformed to the Inn at Gothic Eves).That evening at Joes I had the finest chicken marsala of my life, and we both remember the experience with great fondness. A phone conversation had me looking up the place on the Internet to see if it was still around and I was disappointed to see so many negative reviews. From the tone of these reviews, I get the impression that the new owners wrecked the place. What a shame. Back in the day, it was outstanding.

1  Thank JubileeHitchhiker
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Red sauce or white sauce, boring pasta. If you think the Olive Garden is "Italian", you'll love Joes...

3  Thank Twinkieboy
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We went for a special celebration and it was ruined by a group that was there. Several people got up and left. Manager apologized but did nothing about the bill or disruptive table. I will never go back. Joes ruined a 50th anniversary celebration.

2  Thank Skaneateles10
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Had dinner... Ordered pasta and sangria ... I'm Italian. .. I didn't even finished my meal .... It was awful.. Pasta was watery. Vegetables were taseless... I sent back the sangria .. It was awful... Ordered red wine. Couldnt. Drink it!! Don't waste your money!!!

1  Thank Theresa120