“Perfect Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 10, 2011

I travel frqeuntly due to my career and stay at several places. I generally have a late check in and I always prefer to check in prior to arrival so that it is seemless once I arrive. However, I frequently encounter problems with this. Often the person at the desk is different than who I spooke with for pre-check in and cannot find my keys or information. This was not at all the case! I spoke with someone different and happily everything was prepared for me and was very speedy at check in. The staff was friendly and explained everything about my stay very well. Everything at about the location was very clean. Although I did not take adavntage of the several ammenities, they are very accessible and welcoming. The location was perfect providing a quick walk to "the commons" where you can find several botiques, bars and restaurants. Although, the restaurant and bar that is in the hotel is exceptional and you don't really need to look elsewhere for great food and drink. I wanted to take the mattress home with me. Overall if you are looking for an excpetional stay for whatever your travel purpose is, I highly reccomend The HIlton Garden Inn, Ithaca. Anytime I am in the area again, I will choose this as my accomodations!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank roadwarrior1980

Reviewed November 10, 2010

Visited with my teenage son and showed him around the Commons on our arrival. After a nice dinner at Viva, we hit the sack and the room was perfectly comfortable. In the morning, we had a more than adequate breakfast buffet downstairs and went on our Cornell tour. Appreciated the free parking next door. No complaints at all!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Waterloonie
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca from October 14-17, 2010, while attending an alumni event at Cornell University. Boy it's a great hotel, almost on the Ithaca Commons and not far from Cornell (right at the foot of the hill). Parking is free at the public garage right next door, if validated as a hotel guest. It's very close...I've walked a lot further to my car while still INSIDE other hotels. The staff were all very friendly. The free breakfast is excellent and the Starbucks in the lobby a great amenity. I didn't use the pool or workout room but they looked nice. The room was well furnished and the bed was very comfortable. I had a choice of free wired or wireless internet. And at the end of the hall, I had a beautiful view up to the Cornell campus.

The ONLY thing that really needs fixing....the shower. It took forever to get hot water and then it wouldn't stay the same temperature. If that could get fixed, then the hotel would be awesome.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2010

So this hotel worked out for us for many reasons. First off my wife was going to a conference at Cornell and they drove her there in a minivan every morning so that I didn't have to get the kid (4 year old) up and get her in the car to drive my wife so that I would have the car for the rest of the day. The front desk was really helpful with good suggestions of what to do. Waffle Frolic is a block away for a fun breakfast. Two really good kids museums. Our stay was over the Apple Harves festival weekend making the pedestrian commons streets tons of fun with lots of activities. The State Theater always has something good going on so look them up and plan ahead if you want tickets. We saw Dan Zanes which was great for my kid as well as me. There are great walks to hikes within a 30 minute drive with good waterfall viewing. It is a lively little town with a great assorment of restaurants all reasonably priced (but service expectations were also in keeping of a univerity town). Moosewood was good but honestly not nearly meeting up to all the hype. The pool in the hotel was great for kids and had really good hours (more than most places), and the work out room was great. The hotel was super accomodating and gave us a really nice late check out so that we could spend a leisurely morning swiming before we had to shower and leave. The parking was free, secure, and convinient. The lobby had free coffee and tea 24 hours. The is a Starbucks in the building if you want more upscale coffee. So it was convinient for the conference with a great time for the spouse and kid.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2010

During a recent trek to visit the Corning Glass Museum located in Corning, New York, we decided to overnight in the heart of Cornell country. Glad we made that decision. The hotel did not disappoint. The reception staff was very helpful on directions, restaurants, and points-of-interest for the surrounding Ithaca area. The hotel room was spacious and included a top floor amazing view of the mountainside and surrounding Ithaca area. Although the rate is priced on the higher end for the area, it was Cornell Alumni weekend and the hotel is located downtown nearby most places. If your in the area during the weekend check-out the Ithaca farmers market located near the lake.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Nice new hotel in the center of Ithaca.
-Good location
-Easy access to downtown restaurants & shopping
-Free parking at lot across the street
-Good choice when visiting friends or relatives at Ithaca College or Cornell University

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2010

We were in the area for a wedding and needed early check in. When I requeted early check in on the phone, I was told, "we cannot guarantee it". I said, "I am not asking for a guarantee just that you make a note or say you will try to accomodate us". I was told, no, check in is at 4pm on exceptions. I offered to pay for the privilege of early check in and was told, "no way". So I hung up and called back and got a different person who gave us the same message. We were told we could change our clothes for the wedding in the restroom. Unable to find an alternate hotel during the holiday weekend, we figured we'd take our chances. We arrived at the hotel at 11:15 and a room was available.as were many rooms available. The hotel itself was nice, well located with very comfortable beds. The breakfast buffett is something to be missed, go somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple