Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Quality Inn(Ithaca)
View Hotel
All reviewsithaca commonsirish pubgreat locationparking garageheart of downtownwithin walking distancerestaurants and shopsfront desk staffcentral locationbreakfast buffetvery nice hotelshuttle servicehotel stafffree shuttlefitness centervisiting cornellroom was clean and comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 24, 2010

We were very pleased with this hotel, nice spacious room with queen beds, and the location can't be beat, right in the center of downtown Ithaca, across the street from a pedestrian shopping mall, and around the corner from lots of great restaurants. Didn't expect it, but they gave us coupons for a very nice free breakfast downstairs, had eggs custom cooked for us by a chef. Valet parking is available but we just parked in the garage across the street and they validated the parking for us every time we went in and out, so parking was free. The only disappointment we had was that we could not get the movies on demand channel to work the whole time we were there. They tried to fix the problem but were unable to, so no movies for us! The staff were friendly and helpful, and overall this was a very nice stay in a very nice hotel!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
hgiithacagm, General Manger at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a revew of our property. I am so very gald that you enjoyed your time with us. I could not be more sorry about the issue with the movies, it did wind up being a problem with our service provider, but was not corrected until after your departure. :-( I am glad the rest of your time was enjoyable and we hope to see you again sometime. Please do not hesitate to let me know if I can be of assistance in the future!

Reviewed April 21, 2010

The downtown Ithaca location of the Hilton Garden Inn was perfect. A short walk to a number of Ithaca shops and restaurants, and a short drive to the Cornell campus.
The room was large, the desk chair very comfy and the high speed internet access free. Having a refrigerator and a microwave in the room is great, especially for longer stays. Though, if there are microwaves in the rooms there should be popcorn for sale in the 24-hr on site convenience shop.

In addition to the standard cold breakfast buffet items, the buffet at "The Great American Grill" includes hot items including made to order eggs, french toast and freshly made waffles.

If my daughter goes to Cornell, I'll return to the Hilton Garden Inn in Ithaca.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
hgiithacagm, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2010

Thank so much for your very kind review of our hotel! Please know that I will share your comments with other members of my staff to pass along your positive experience. Good luck on your Daughters admission to Cornell, it is an amazing school and Ithaca is a wonderful place to live. I am sure she will be very happy here. We look forward to seeing you again sometime. Please do not hesitate to let me know if I can help in the future.

Reviewed April 20, 2010

I spent two nights here in a king-bedded room. Check in was quick but not particularly welcoming, especially for being an elite member with Hilton. The condition of the room was fine, the bed was comfortable, but it wasn't as clean as I would like (hair was on the bathroom floor, bedspread had some small stains, etc.). My sense was the maid gave it only touch up cleanings between guest stays.

Breakfast was mediocre at best, the quality of the food was average and it was too small for the number of people. Some of the hot items were not even warm. I didn't eat there the second morning even though it was complementary. Free wifi (which was nice) but it was a bit slow.

Overall, this is an average 3-star hotel. I wouldn't avoid it but I would consider other options if returning.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

Thank you so very much for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. I can tell you honestly that there is nothing more upsetting to us here then hearing that a guests experience was dissapointing. I could not be more sorry for your issues, and I do hope that while you were here that you spoke to someone about them or at least reported them to the front desk staff. Please be assured that I will share your comments with the appropriate members of my staff so as to avoid a situation like this in the future and better serve our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you care to discuss the matter further or to let me know if you are returing to the area, I would love the opportunity to make it up to you as I feel as though this experience is not typical of our hotel. Thank you again for taking the time, I can not tell you how important feedback like this is to us.

Reviewed April 14, 2010

My husband and I just spent 5 days at the Hilton Inn in Ithaca and had a wonderful
experience. The hotel staff is the BEST... friendly, helpful, personable... the breakfasts
were delicious with on demand orders for all kinds of eggs, omelets, bacon, sausage, etc.
The room was cleaned promptly, always impeccable and very comfortable. Parking was
so easy... right across the street. Great location. We got up and down the hill to and from
Cornell multiple times each day with no problem. And the weekend was a sell out at all
the hotels in the area! Busy! Highly recommend. We usually stay at The Statler and it
was sold out. We are converts! Hilton Inn without question!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for a long weekend while attending a wedding at Cornell. The staff was extremely nice and accomodating, which was great. We got a corner suit with 1.5 baths! Made getting ready so much more convenient. The decor was perfectly nice and everything was clean; the paint job on the doors was pretty severely chipped and didn't look too great, but since this was not a luxury resort, it wasn't too bad. The complimentary breakfast and parking were both very convenient. I felt it was slightly overpriced, but still a very satisfying experience. Better than I thought it would be.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple