“Home Away from Home”

Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 1, 2010

I had the priviledge to stay at the hotel for sevral weeks. It was always clean, quiet and the staff was outsatnding. They were vey accomidating to my needs, especially when the airline lost my luggage and I arrived at the hotel with only the clothes that I travelled in. The stay at the Ithaca Hilton Gardens was excellent and I would strongly recommend you chosse this hotel for your stay in the Ithaca area.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
hgiithacagm, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2010

Thank you so very much for your kind words about your time with us. I am glad that you chose us and even more glad that you had a great time! I know it can be hard being at a hotel for such a long period of time, I know the refrigerator and microwave in each room make it a little more bearable, but luckilly we are also within walking distance of 15 great restaurants! It was great having you and please come visit us again soon!

Jim Bouderau, GM

Reviewed February 23, 2010

Overall I had a great trip. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. The room was clean and had plenty of room. I would without a doubt recommend this location to travelers.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! Please know that we take them very seriously and could not be more happy to have your feedback. Thank you for recommending us to other travelers.

Jim Bouderau, GM

Reviewed February 19, 2010

This hotel is an exceptional value. The well trained staff and cleanliness of the property is what you would expect from a much higher priced hotel.
The downtown location, Starbucks in the lobby, parking, restaurants within walking distance make it seem like a metro area.
I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2009

Nice, clean, well appointed rooms. It's a little more expensive than the nearby Holiday Inn's non-tower rooms, but it's worth a little extra for the better location and nicer rooms. I haven't stayed in the Holiday Inn's tower rooms, but I believe they were more expensive than the Hilton Garden Inn's standard rooms.

• Stayed: June 2009
Reviewed November 6, 2009

I've been staying at this hotel on business trips to Ithaca, since it is in an excellent location. I swear that each and every time I get the same lousy room at the end of a corridor, next to the staircase and facing the parking garage across the street. The front desk staff is mostly professional and courteous, but will not let you see the manager on duty to discuss problems. A short list: the remote control buttons were stuck, so changing channels was a chore, the TV set kept turning itself on at random intervals during the night and I couldn't even move the furniture to unplug the thing; the toilet tank kept a low running hum throughout the night, the sink was almost all plugged up and the tub had no anti-slip strips or a mat! To boot, if you opened the bathroom door, you couldn't open the room door.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank citygirlpz
hgiithacagm, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2010

Thank you so much for your candid feedback, it is truly appreciated! I could not be more sorry for what sounds like a less than impressive stay. Since you mention that you are a frequent guest of ours, I would like to suggest two things that could improve the quality of your stay in the future. First, I would suggest that if you are not already, please sign up for our Hilton Honors program. Not only will you recieve points and added ammenities while staying with us, but we can update your property specific preferences. If you don't like the room at the end of the hall, we will know that when you check in, and make sure it is not assigned to you. you can even select your own room by using our e-check in process! The second thing I would suggest, is that if you are not happy with your stay, and there is something you think we can improve on, please do not hesitate to ask for me and let me know!! I am always available to speak with a guest about their concerns and ways in which you think we can make your, and other guests stays better. If you would like to discuss the matter further do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel, and I wish you the best in your future travels!

-Jim

Reviewed October 13, 2009

You can't beat the location of this hotel. Right next to Ithaca commons, in between Ithaca College and Cornell. There is also a Starbucks on location as well as Kilpatricks pub which served us well cause we got there at 9:30. Its is everything you would expect from a Hilton Garden. Rooms were spacious. Beds were very comfortable. Staff was attentive. The pool seemed nice as did the gym which was clean and had alot of equipment. Valet parking was $15 but the garage was $7 if you self parked. Lastly although I heard nothing from outside, the inside walls are too thin. I heard every word of my neighbors conversation at 12:30 am. Need some sound proofing between rooms.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2009

We spent one (1) night at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ithaca, NY after a lovely day visiting the Cayuga and Seneca Wineries. We really liked the location in the middle of wonderful restaurants and shops. The parking was free and appreciated. Valet parking is available if u prefer. Although the city is a noisy place our room was quiet.
We appreciated the granite counter tops, quite classy, and the beds and pillows were nice. However, the carpeting was absolutely worn and downright dirty!
Surprisingly we didn't request it, but received a handicapped/disabled room which was quite spacious. It was a huge suite. One room with a desk, vanity, couches and chairs with a door in between leading to a big bedroom and big bathroom. Our toilet handle actually broke off which was inconvenient. We didn't call down because it was quite late and we were leaving in the AM. We had the wonderful full breakfast in the AM. Food was delicious, service was wonderful. The front desk personnel were all very nice.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple