We stayed here for two nights over a weekend in July. In researching Ithaca hotels I was surprised at how expensive room rates are, especially since it is 'off season' for Cornell. Regardless, we decided to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn with its $180/night price tag since it is the newest hotel in town, and we wanted the cleanliness and comfort of a more modern room. Also, we thought that the location would be worth the premium since we were visiting the city as tourists and wanted to be in the heart of the action. There are certainly less expensive options a drive away, but being able to walk to places from our hotel was important to us.
Overall it was an enjoyable stay, meeting our expectations for a clean chain hotel. If we were to return to Ithaca we would probably stay here again.
- Location right on the Commons
- Free parking (the lot is a public garage across the street, which we didn't mind walking to)
- Free wifi (we had no problem with the connection)
- Newer bedding on a comfy bed (i.e. no scratchy polyester comforter!)
- Mini fridge and microwave in the room
- Nice Neutrogena toiletries (lotion, shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash)
- 24-hr business centre with free internet and printing
- Friendly staff
Con's -- there aren't any big watch-outs, however here are some things that might bother some people:
- Some light street noise (we were on the seventh floor and on occasion some traffic noise crept through the window, but it was infrequent)
- A bit of wear and tear in the bathroom with paint peeling from the ceilings (likely due to moisture build-up since the bathroom doesn't have a fan)
- No safes in the rooms
- Those annoying hangers that don't detach from the closet rail!
- The idea of an indoor pool is great, although it looked really small and when we peaked in the smell of chlorine was overwhelming
If cleanliness, comfort and location are most important to you in a hotel room, then the Hilton Garden Inn is probably the best choice in downtown Ithaca.
Tip: If you're thinking of staying at the Holiday Inn, give the front desk a call, you might get a good deal on the rate. I mentioned that I'm a Priority Club member and the staff offered me a rate of $160/night for a king room in the executive tower, $50 less expensive than the internet rate of $209! Even so, we decided to stay at the Hilton and are pleased with the choice that we made.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca Hotel Ithaca
- Ithaca Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Ithaca