Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca
Hampton Inn Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$164
$149
$127
$118
Super 8 Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$115
$149
$135
Country Inn
$197
$169
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$134
$179
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Courtyard Ithaca Airport/University(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$135
Courtyard
$180
All reviewsithaca commonsirish pubgreat locationparking garageheart of downtownwithin walking distancerestaurants and shopsfront desk staffcentral locationbreakfast buffetvery nice hotelshuttle servicehotel stafffree shuttlefitness centervisiting cornellroom was clean and comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2009

My family came up to Cornell for winter graduation, and I was appalled to hear about their experience after reading so many positive reviews.

My dad was awakened late at night by a bed bug crawling near his head and a series of itchy welts along his arm. He killed the bug and brought it down to the front desk to show the hotel staff what was crawling around in their guestrooms.

As a front office manager, the appropriate response should have been to 1) apologize for the situation 2) suggest a solution (new room, change the sheets and/or comp the stay 3) confirm with my dad that this is a reasonable and satisfactory solution 4) make sure that this action is taken immediately and accurately and 5) alert the housekeeping staff of a possible infestation

Instead, the manager recoiled with disgust upon seeing the bug, denied that the hotel had any problems with bed bugs and offered no apologies or reasonable accommodation.

Having graduated for the Hotel School at Cornell, I can say with some degree of confidence that the Hilton Garden Inn's response to the situation was completely inadequate.

I hope the property's management reads this review so they are aware that there are bedbugs in their rooms and can be better prepared to handle guest experience issues in the future.

Stayed: December 2008
27  Thank Hotelie_2008
Reviewed December 18, 2008

My husband and I stayed here on our way to Cooperstown, NY. We stopped in Ithaca so we could enjoy the Cayuga wine trail that was fun and lead right into Ithaca. The location of the hotel couldn't be beat, it's right on the Commons. We were in town during the ice sculpture festival and it was a great experience walking around and seeing the sculptures, shopping the Commons and dining. All within walking distance of the hotel. Now more about the lodging...

The parking garage is right across the street. We parked for free since it was the weekend (bonus). The hotel does have breakfast service at an additional cost. We did enjoy the complimentary coffe/tea both in the morning of check out and after we were out and about around the Commons the night prior. The bed was so comfortable, it's adjusted to your preference. There's a little dial on each side on the bed so you can set how soft/firm you want it to be. Linens are your standard HGI, very comfortable. The bathroom was great, shower was wonderful. Our room had a view looking towards Cornell.

Overall, the hotel was clean, comfortable and had an awesome location. It was a little pricey ($160) but we splurged for convenience.

• Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed December 12, 2008

We got a twin room, it was nice and clean. Price is reasonable and the location is good. It's easy to get a bus to go anywhere. Starbucks on the block, the hotel is close to a lot of restaurants. I happened to be there on a Tuesday morning, there was a farmer's market a few blocks away from the hotel. An old man was selling the sweetest corn I've ever tried in my entire life (he was closer to the court st at the end). it was a great place to grab some fruits. Overall, I enjoyed my short stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 13, 2008

Spent one night at the Hilton Garden Inn while visiting Ithica College. My wife and I, with our son, a high school junior, enjoyed our stay. Perhaps because it was a Monday night and the hotel not that busy, we were upgraded to a suite, affording my wife and I the bedroom and my son the fold-out couch (with his own flat screen tv. The included breakfast was excellent, the staff friendly and accomodating, parking convenient one-half block away (free parking), bed, down quilt and room decor all above average. In all, a very good hotel for a very good price.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2008

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. It was clean, roomy and close to many places to eat, both upscale and cheap. I really enjoyed being able to walk into Starbucks and get a snack and coffee drink at 9:45pm.

I had the breakfast buffet at the restaurant in the hotel, it was just ok. The pancakes were old overdone and crunchy!, but the made to order omlette was fantastic!

The hotel was convenient to both Ithaca college and Cornell University. I didn't have time to play tourist, but just from the view out of my window, it is a beautiful area.

I worked out in the fitness room, it had fantastic cardio equipment, weight machines were ok to.

The guys at the front desk struck me as young college boys who were more interested figuring out what to eat than serving the customer standing in front of them, but once I got someones attention, it was a fairly easy check in process. I didn't like the parking garage set up, and I drove in circles a few times wondering where to park, but other than that, I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank taraj65