“Still Worthy”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Still Worthy”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed for first time in a while, visiting for a single night. Parking garage that was previously a mess is now all fixed and just across the street from the hotel. Hotel interior is small but nice and well kept; staff is friendly and helpful. Ithaca Commons is still undergoing renovation and when complete this place will be well positioned.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for the review and the Ithaca Commons should be finished by next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
New York, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The staff says they will do anything in their power to make the stay pleasant and it is true. I was stranded due to a travel snafu and they sent a van quickly to pick me up, and took care of a room problem immediately and with care and concern.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

For our team members it is more than about selling a hotel room it is about creating an experience for our guests.
Bethlehem PA
Reviewed October 28, 2013

It was only at the end of a desperate booking search that I was able to find a room for one evening at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ithaca (waiting until the last minute to book a room on a weekend when the local colleges are having numerous conferences AND it's Parents' Day will do that...). I figured the somewhat high rate was worth it, and I was thoroughly pleased by my experience at the Hilton Garden Inn.

Of particular note are the complimentary beverages in the lobby (coffee, tea, cider, water), the free self-parking in the adjacent parking garage, and the in-house Starbucks, patisserie, Irish pub, and restaurant). I was especially thrilled to discover that the hotel is mere steps from the fantastic Moosewood Restaurant and the Ithaca Commons shopping area (and it's about two minutes' drive up to Cornell's campus).

The room itself was perfectly fine--up to date, nicely decorated, and comfortable (large flat-screen TV, nice bed and pillows, comfy overstuffed armchair). The in-room Keurig was a nice touch, too (SO much better than your usual miniaturized hotel room-coffeemakers).

The only issue worth noting is that the walls *do* seem to be a bit thin (you can definitely hear the plumbing from nearby rooms, like when the occupants take a shower, flush the toilet, etc.) so if you're a light sleeper, this might bother you. Other than that, though, this hotel is pretty much ideal for a visit to Ithaca!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank christianneanastasia
Our complimentary beverages in the lobby is a big hit with our guests. I am so glad you liked our new Keurig coffee brewers all the Hilton Garden Inns now stock them.
Malvern, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay from start to finish. I was warmly greeted at check in and that attitude was universal. Special thanks to Ian, Rachel, Hara, and Dwayne. The shuttle service was very helpful, as I had to get back and forth to Cornell. The room was pleasantly furnished, the bed comfy, and the housekeeping was to a very high standard. Should I travel this way again, I know where I will stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I am so very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I have already posted your review for our team members to see.
Again thank you
Rockville Centre, New York
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

The Hilton Garden Inn is, without a doubt, the best location to stay while visiting Ithaca. You walk right outside into Downtown Ithaca and the Ithaca Commons with its array of fine restaurants and shops. The rooms are clean and quiet and offer a nice view of the area. The staff is what makes this hotel outstanding. Everyone we met or dealt with were super nice and accommodating, from the front desk crew to the wonderful people that work at the breakfast buffet. Parking is in an elevated lot right next door. Cornell is a quick ride up the hill.

Two small issues - the water pressure in the bathroom sink was bad and the hot water in the sink took forever to get hot. Also, the pillows are way too soft.

I highly recommend staying here on a trip to Ithaca.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Paulrob2012
We have recently transitioned to a more eco-friendly shower-head and faucet, and we are still ironing out some of the wrinkles. I have been working with our maintenance team to correct the problem and avoid issues of this nature in the future. Hilton Garden Inn will be adding new King size pillows to all our room by early next year. As for our staff we truly do care about each and every guest that stays with us. We look forward to your return visit.
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel never fails to satisfy! This hotel is the perfect balance of new and well-maintained facilities, downtown central location and its wonderfully accommodating staff makes it ideal to enjoy all of the benefits of the Ithaca Commons without ever having to worry about driving and parking. Any hotel can have a good location and new facilities; the staff is truly what sets it apart from the rest.

Melissa, Lisa and Hara, all at the front desk, made my stay extra great. Their guest-centric approach made my stay from check-in to check-out and everything in between leaps and bounds from what would otherwise be expected. Our room was fantastic (suite on a high floor) and even the rollaway bed AND pull out couch were both made up, ready for us upon arrival. The rooms were clean, housekeeping paid attention to the small details that usually make a room less desirable, the jacuzzi tub was a great amenity and it was nice and quiet. With what appeared to be a wedding in town, we didn't hear a peep out of anybody else in the hotel.

Once again, the staff here has outdone themselves in accommodating my stay and making sure that we were comfortable. I was in town for a wedding and refused to stay at the hotel where the wedding party was registered; instead, I stayed here and at the wedding, I was the envy of those who didn't make the same choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
WOW! “World Class Service - The ONLY Hotel to Stay in Ithaca!” I have already printed your review and I have it posted for all our team members to see. Melissa, Lisa and Hara are so happy to see that they made your stay so rewarding. Thank you for your great review and we look forward to your return visit.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed October 17, 2013

A few little things which added up - The room was nice but my neighbor and I could hear each other in the bathroom which was awkward. I had my laptop plugged into one of the lamp outlets for a long time and apparently the outlet wasn't working so my laptop died. The toilet was missing the little caps where the seat meets the toilet. Bed was very comfy and the room was very clean - and there was a microwave and fridge. Service was great. Everyone was really friendly. Great location.

Overall the hotel was nice but I wouldn't pay more than $99/night for it. In my opinion, $179-250 (average price here) of this hotel was way too expensive. I was there for a conference so it was discounted. If it isn't discounted, I'd rather go to the Holiday Inn which is almost equal for much cheaper.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jhartsho
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with the appointment of our guestrooms. We appreciate your honest input and we will use your remarks as we make plans for future refreshments. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you and show you the quality service and accommodations you deserve, if your travels bring you back to our area.