Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca
  • Restaurant
Quality Inn(Ithaca)
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsithaca commonsirish pubgreat locationparking garageheart of downtownwithin walking distancerestaurants and shopsfront desk staffcentral locationbreakfast buffetvery nice hotelshuttle servicehotel stafffree shuttlefitness centervisiting cornellroom was clean and comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Great hotel in the center of Ithaca, a block from the commons. We loved the fresh coffee and citrus iced water and teas available at all times. Great breakfast buffet, wonderful staff. They wash the duvet cover between guests which I really appreciated. The whirlpool pool in our suite was wonderful even though the living room area furniture was uncomfortable

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lori P
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. The Ithaca Commons is a great place to find many restaurants. Of course our own Kilpatrick’s Irish Pub is on site for our guests as well.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

All was going well until I opened one of the towels in my bathroom and it was filled with what appeared to be fresh blood! I reported it to the front desk and their response was "How about we credit your dinner." It seemed like they weren't too thrilled that I took photos of the towel. They also said they would credit my HH account with extra HH points but those have yet to show up...Shocker.. Outside of the bloody towel the hotel was your average Hilton Garden Inn. They had a good location in downtown Ithaca so it was convenient and the food at the adjacent Irish pub was not too bad.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael C
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

I am so sorry to hear that you found your bathroom in our hotel unacceptable. I can assure you that is not the standard at our property as we work hard to make sure our housekeepers keep each and every guest room and bathroom clean. I sincerely apologize for this discomfort and hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in town as we would love to have you as our guest to ensure you have the best travel experience possible. Thank you

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My daughter and I were in Ithaca looking at colleges and stayed at the Hilton Garden. It is centrally located in downtown Ithaca by the Commons. The hotel is clean and quiet. There is coffee and tea all the time in the lobby. The staff was knowledgeable about the area and dining. It was a pleasant experience for us.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. we do have a great location close to the college’s and right across the street from the Commons.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

The hotel is nice enough. Parking is free, but a pain to go in/out. Remember to have ticket validated, or get verbally abused by lot attendant!
I was quite disturbed by the very strong mildew/mold odor in the bathroom. Luckily, if we kept the door closed, it didn't permeate the room, but it was quite disgusting when in the bathroom. Facilities came and poured some bleach down the drain in the floor. I appreciate the effort, but it didn't help. I wrote to the manager after my stay to alert him and hopefully save the next guest from that problem.

Room Tip: Check out your bathroom as soon as you arrive! If it stinks, change rooms!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LizLemon2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay in Ithaca and we apologize for the issues you encountered with the bathroom. We have addressed the situation with our housekeepers and assure you that if you give us another opportunity, you won't be disappointed in the future.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The hotel is smack in the middle downtown Ithaca, and is probably one of the closest one can get to the Cornell campus without staying at the Statler, which is on campus and costs at least twice as much. That said, you will be best served having a car if your business in Ithaca revolves around Cornell. The university is up a fairly steep hill from the downtown Ithaca. If Cornell isn't your primary reason for being in town, then the Hilton will be your place.

The hotel is right next door to the famous Moosewood restaurant, and across the street from Ithaca Commons, a shopping promenade with cool, artsy stores and lively restaurants. The Commons is currently undergoing some renovation, but it looks like it will be lovely when done. Big plus for the hotel, there is a Starbucks on the ground floor and a lovely pastry shop as well.

Rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn are pretty standard. My teenager and I stayed in a room with two doubles. It was clean and perfectly adequate. I only had two issues with our stay. 1.) The bathroom had no windows and no exhaust fan, so there was a slight moldy smell to it, which thankfully didn't leach into the room. Shower and water pressure were good, as was tub drainage. I hate when it takes half hour to rinse shampoo out of my hair because of flyweight water pressure, as I stand ankle deep in soapy water from a slow drain! 2.) The walls and doors were extremely thin. I could hear the baby next door clearly, as well as the late night revelers. The front desk staff was very friendly. Another nice plus to the stay were the two free water bottles offered as a check-in welcome.

In June, Ithaca topped the list of America's Smartest Cities as ranked by Lumosity, a San-Francisco based company that creates brain training exercises among other things. I had read this before our short trip to Ithaca, so I wasn't surprised to see a saucy, somewhat bold note from the housekeeper that read, "Propserity makes friends. Adversity tries them. -Publilius Syrus". Can't fault a gal for trying! I left her a big tip!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback, our housekeeping staff love to leave a quotation of the day for our guests to start there day with a smile or just a thought