“Great facilities and staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca for 8 days as I was taking PDP courses at Cornell University. The hotel fulfills all the needs of a business traveller. The room was absolutely huge, it had coffee/tea making facilities and even a little microwave, the WIFI worked perfectly well and is free, the use of the business center is free, there is a free coffee/tea station in the lobby and the fitness center is well equipped and convenient to use. There is even a small pool and a hot tub. In addition, they offer a free shuttle to and from the airport.

What makes this hotel excellent rather than just what you would expect of a hotel of this category is the staff. They truly go above and beyond. The housekeepers do a great job at cleaning but they also leave you a little note with a quote of the day, the front desk tries to assist wherever they can and I would especially like to point out Ian who is a true highlight. When I checked into my room, there was water leaking from the toilet flush, Ian offered to send the technician right away, but since I was tired after a transatlantic flight, I asked him to send the technician the next day. Without being asked, Ian personally came to my room to deliver some extra towels so I would not slip. When I asked Ian where to plug in my USB stick in the computer in the business center, he right away came around to actually show me. He was great at giving directions, tips of what to do and where to eat in town and just constantly went the extra mile.

I would stay there again the next time I am in Ithaca and I can recommend this hotel to anyone whether on business or on leisure and whether you are traveling alone or with kids.

The hotel is right in downtown with a ton of restaurants around it and the beds are truly great. I slept soooo well!

Room Tip: The rooms of the top floors have very nice views of the city
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I didn't expect much from this hotel, however, it was slightly better than expected. The staff went above and beyond for the guests. They were all quite friendly and I never had a single problem.

The rooms were average:
~The decor is very boring and nothing special.
~The bathrooms are so ugly! There is a weird color of granite for the counter-tops that doesn't even match the other granite in the room. There is a hideous and outdated white tile on the floor and in the shower. There is a combined bathtub and shower, which I HATE! And where are the bathrobes?!?! I didn't bring my own!!
~We had a good view of downtown Ithaca
~Liked the safety feature in the elevator

The lobby wasn't anything special and neither was the fitness center, restaurant or pool. I prefer the Cornell Campus area to downtown Ithaca. My advice would be to stay at the Statler because it is in a better location and is more luxurious. If that's book than this is satisfactory.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via Tripadvisor. Hilton Garden Inn is a brand that continually strives to ensure today’s busy travelers have everything they need to be most productive on the road. Hilton Garden Inn offers the amenities and services for travelers to sleep deep, stay fit, eat well and work smart while away from home.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was an okay hotel stay - convenient location. I found one of the check in staff's tone a bit condescending but it was a one of - the rest of the staff at check in and departure were friendly and helpful. The rooms were neat and clean and pleasant. The biggest issue we had was the breakfast buffet. The buffet was untidy and messy when we arrived. Orange juice spilled on the floor and counter. There were other patrons eating but there were 2 wait staff on that seemed to stand when they could have been tidying up. My husband noticed a long black hair in the potato server and quietly mentioned it to the wait staff. Instead of immediately removing it, the staff stirred it up and left it until the replacement potatoes were ready. Yuck!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

I just wanted to thank you so very much for taking the time to write your review. I know that you are very busy but I cannot tell you how incredibly important your feedback is! I apologize that you were not extremely satisfied with your recent stay. We are always trying to grow as a team and provide our guests with superior accommodations and services. It seems we fell short of this in your case. Next time you are in Ithaca please drive to the front entrance and we will unload your car and valet park it for you. Our goal is to make your stay enjoyable from the beginning to the end.
Thank You for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ithaca, NY. It's centrally located in downtown Ithaca, so you can walk around and enjoy all the shops and restaurants, or easily get to any highway to head out to the lake or wineries, and parking is free with validation in the parking garage across the street. The hotel staff was friendly, helpful, professional, and our room was absolutely perfect. We stayed in the Taughannock Suite which has to be one of the best rooms in the hotel. The room was clean and views were beautiful. There is a nice Jacuzzi tub, a large flat screen TV, fridge and microwave for your dinner leftovers, and the bed was so comfortable that my boyfriend and I are still talking about it. We will definitely be staying at this hotel again the next time we return to Ithaca.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I just wanted to thank you so very much for taking the time to write your review. I know that you are very busy but I cannot tell you how incredibly important your feedback is! Thank you for the great scores you gave us. We credit our success in the hospitality industry to providing the best possible service, as well as clean and comfortable accommodations.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Nice hotel in the center of town. Great rooms, free parking, clean, quiet. Though a little pricey for the middle of NY its the best choice of everything else in Ithaca. A Starbucks is right next door as well. nice staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so very much for your review! Our staff loves seeing reviews like yours, thank you for all that you wrote. This really helps other travelers who are sure to read our reviews.
Again thank you!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Great central location, very pleasant and helpful staff. Clean, comfortable rooms. Rooms are a little small for a family of 3, but well appointed with nice views. Great location for visiting Cornell. Many restaurants in walking distance. Would stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

I just wanted to thank you so very much for taking the time to write your review. Thank you for the five star review you gave us. I just wanted to let you know that I have shared your review with our staff members; we take great pride in providing our guests with an excellent product and services. The Ithaca Commons has a lot of great restaurants and some really unique shops .

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Easy access, comfort and quality of service is the name of the game at this fine establishment. We've stayed here several times over the course of our daughter's time at Cornell and have never had a bad experience. Food service is great, parking free, and walking distance to some of the finest restaurants in the area. Rooms are very well kept and comfortable - we sleep like babies here. Now that my daughter has graduated, we need to find a reason to return to Ithaca to stay here again!

Room Tip: Views are great from all sides, but we liked the north side to see the school.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your input. Ithaca is a great vacation spot with, hiking the state parks, Finger Lakes wine, Waterfalls and so much more. We do provide free coffee all day and we also host a Starbucks down the hall. I just wanted to let you know that I have shared your survey with our staff members; we take great pride in providing our guests with an excellent product and services.