Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Quality Inn(Ithaca)
View Hotel
All reviewsithaca commonsirish pubgreat locationparking garageheart of downtownwithin walking distancerestaurants and shopsfront desk staffcentral locationbreakfast buffetvery nice hotelshuttle servicehotel stafffree shuttlefitness centervisiting cornellroom was clean and comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I had a great experience with this hotel. The location is fantastic - nearly right on the Ithaca Commons, within reasonable walking distance to Cornell and Collegetown.

The rooms were solid - clean, decent bed, nice view, good bathroom size. The rooms had coffee makers and small fridges, too.

Service was great - check in/out were quick and easy and every staff member we encountered was pleasant. There is water, coffee, and tea laid out in the lobby all day for your consumption.

I also appreciated that your parking is validated in the garage next door to the hotel. That made it so there wasn't an additional expense, which was appreciated since this wasn't the cheapest option. Overall great experience - I can't imagine that you'd do better around Ithaca unless you're more of a B&B-type.

• Stayed: May 2013
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

I can't thank you enough for providing feedback of this nature. Ithaca is a great vacation spot as well with hiking the state parks, Finger Lakes wines, Waterfalls and so much more. We do provide free coffee all day and we also host a Starbucks down the hall. One of the strongest attributes is our staff they truly care about our guests and the service we offer. This is why Hilton Garden Inn has won the JD Power and Associates' 2012 North American Guest Satisfaction Index Study℠, Hilton Garden Inn by Hilton were awarded with the highest rankings by J.D. Power and Associates.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The 6th floor room was clean and attractive - we had a view up the hill toward the Cornell campus. Staff on site were friendly and attentive. Once you're settled it's a great location to walk around downtown Ithaca.

A few negatives offset the positives. (We had not been to Ithaca before and got in at the end of the day.) 1. It would be helpful if reservation staff always told visitors about the parking. Since they didn't, we had to live park, walk down a long corridor in the hotel to find the front desk, and (because of bad signs and one-way streets) make two trips around several blocks to get to the garage, They may have valet parking but no one told us. 2. We had a moldy smell in the bathroom coming from the floor drain. 3. The cost ($190).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KJMAX

We appreciate your input I just wanted to let you know that I have shared your survey with our staff members; we take great pride in providing our guests with an excellent product and services. The Ithaca Commons has a lot of great restaurants and some really unique shops. Although we do have an area in front of the hotel to unload your luggage and check in before parking in the city parking garage that we provide free to our guests and offer valet parking I do understand how the one way streets can be confusing to a new visitor to Ithaca. Thank you again for your time and input and hope to see you again at the Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel is fantastic, from the clean rooms, to the central location, but most of all the team members. I'd stayed at this property once before and had multiple team members recognize that I had stayed before and welcome me back to the property. Every interaction I had with the team was so positive and I genuinely felt cared for throughout my stay. I'd highly recommend this hotel and it's great team of hospitality professionals to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. Our staff members strive to make our guest feel at home and help should a need arises.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just visited Ithaca for a family event and the location of the hotel was perfect. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The rooms were nice and clean and the beds comfortable. The only issue I had was that the shower's water pressure was a little weaker than I would like but it did the job. The breakfast buffet was of value. Really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the best view. We did and it was nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your input I just wanted to let you know that I have shared your survey with our staff members; we take great pride in providing our guests with an excellent product and services.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My husband and I were on vacation, hiking the state parks and we like the location of this hotel. The staff was great...friendly and helpful. We travel often and this was a good experience. I did like the coffee all day in the lobby.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your input. Ithaca is a great vacation spot with, hiking the state parks, Finger Lakes wine, Waterfalls and so much more. We do provide free coffee all day and we also host a Starbucks down the hall. I just wanted to let you know that I have shared your survey with our staff members; we take great pride in providing our guests with an excellent product and services.