Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca
Hampton Inn Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$163
$149
$125
$118
$167
$135
Super 8 Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$115
$196
$169
$260
  • Restaurant
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ithaca(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$127
$179
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Courtyard Ithaca Airport/University(Ithaca)(Great Value!)
$144
All reviewsithaca commonsirish pubgreat locationparking garageheart of downtownwithin walking distancerestaurants and shopsfront desk staffcentral locationbreakfast buffetvery nice hotelshuttle servicehotel stafffree shuttlefitness centervisiting cornellroom was clean and comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We enjoyed our stay. Our room with 2 queen beds was clean and well-maintained. It had all of the facilities needed for an efficient stay--gym, pool, office, comfortable common room in the lobby. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The location was perfect, adjacent to Ithaca Commons and restaurants. Ithaca College is a 5 minute drive from the hotel. Complementary coffee and tea is a nice touch, but there is a Starbucks on the premises for its fans. Collegetown Bagels, one block away, offers a more unique alternative for special drinks, bagels, wraps, and desserts. We would choose this Hilton again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you for your great review! We are very happy to be able to accommodate you. I am going to share your review with all of our departments and again, thank you for all that you wrote. As you may have noticed our fitness center is all new Precor equipment and we have many new updates throughout the hotel.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This hotel is perfectly situated right off the Ithaca Commons, with lots of restaurants and shops steps away. Additionally, there is a Starbucks on the first floor of the hotel--very convenient.

All hotel staff was attentive and respectful. My room and bathroom were impeccably clean. Hotel is quiet overall. Check in and out were a breeze. Breakfast restaurant was well organized for buffet or special order breakfasts.

The main restaurant at the hotel is meh, but I stayed during a blizzard, so was happy to not have to bundle up to go out and get dinner. Under other circumstances, I would recommend getting out to one of the local eateries instead.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for your great review! We appreciate all of your advice and tips on our hotel. We are very happy to be able to accommodate you. I am going to share your review with all of our departments and again, thank you for all that you wrote. I would like to know more about your dinning experience. Hopefully we will see you back at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ithaca on your next trip. Happy travels to you.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I've stayed here twice on business trips to Ithaca. The hotel is wonderful, with the experience greatly enhanced by their wonderful staff. The rooms are up to date and comfortable -- very cozy. The location is terrific, right off the Ithaca Commons, and with a Starbuck's adjacent to the lobby. The staff are super friendly and helpful, always willing to arrange shuttle rides to the airport, Cornell campus, etc. Definitely my favorite place in Ithaca.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for your great review! We appreciate all of your advice and tips on the hotel and area to the other travelers who are sure to read our reviews. We find many travelers like yourself stopping here as we are a central location between the Finger Lakes and we are very happy to be able to accommodate you. I am going to share your review with all of our departments and again, thank you for all that you wrote. Hopefully we will see you back at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ithaca on your next trip. Happy travels to you.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel is really well situated in downtown Ithaca. Great to get out and walk around, close to restaurants and shopping, down the hill from Cornell, convenient parking across the street. Staff is helpful and welcoming. They gladly changed our room when we asked for something away from the elevator. There is a bar/restaurant and morning breakfast if you choose. Also a starbucks in the hotel. Room had a fridge. These are the pluses.

Room was musty smelling and our "king" bed really wasn't. The bathroom shower needed to be bleached or regrouted - some mildew spots apparent. The maid service was less than stellar, forgot to replace glasses, didn't empty and change the icebucket liner and didn't refold towels. I'm not saying the room was dirty but the attention to detail here didn't jive with the lobby staff and service. These little things do make a difference. If these changes were made I'd give the Very Good rating.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind words and constructive feedback. We appreciate your input on the level of detail and quality of our housekeeping staff and we will surely pass this information along so we can work to improve this aspect of our service. We are glad to have met your needs for comfort and location in the area and hope you will consider staying with us again should your travels return you to Ithaca in the future.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This was my second time calling trying to get clarity about a lottery system set up for guests during Cornell Univerisity graduation in 2014. The manager I spoke with was quite rude and according to some of the previous messages on TripAdvisor this is not her first time. She stated her name was Melissa [--] and essentially told me that it doesn't matter that I'm a HHonors member when staying at this location. Really? So, myself and the company I work for spend hundreds of thousands of dollars a year using Hilton instead of the comepetition when we travel and it doesn't matter? Her response was 50% of the parents of graduates are HHonors member. (who says that?) My response was than 50% of the parents/family should have preference. Some type of professional development or customer service training needs to be given to her when speaking to customers on what is appropiate and what's not. If you are unable to explain or talk in a non condescending voice than maybe you should forward the call to your manager or the GM.

I understand the purpose of trying to streamline the amount of guests during a busy time but a lottery system that doesn't provide preference to HHonors silver, gold and diamond members? Whose idea was that and how do you employ customer service to loyal Hilton guests? Well, Melissa thought she would "educate" me by saying the Hilton Garden Inn in Ithaca is not owned by Hilton. Yes, that was a Managers answer to this problem. I started to explain franchising but decided I needed to speak with her manager or atleast someone who makes decisions because clearly she doesn't. Eventually, I was forwarded to a voicemail of another manager, Melissa [--] and waiting for a call back. I hope the GM or whoever responds on here can provide clarity and explain why the best option to solve a busy hotel season was to potentially deny HHonors members the ability to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicky M
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca on 01/10/2013. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and I do want you to know that Melissa is not a manager. I had sent you an e-mail on Jan 10th at 3:39 pm explaining why a lot of the hotels in this area use a lottery system.
Because the two colleges are such a high demand weekends this policy has been in place for many years to give everyone a fair and equal chance. Our hotel is sold out a year in advance for any of the college weekends. On June 1st our lottery will open for the 2014 graduation. Guests wanting to get into the lottery need to call the hotel or stop by and fill out the lottery form. By July 15Th we do a fair and equal chance drawing and inform the winning guest by email, a contract will then go out requiring a non-refundable deposit.; in fact almost all the hotels have the same lottery policy’s as we do.
If you have any further questions regarding this matter, please feel free to contact me directly at 607-277-8900