“Great location” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Great location right on the Ithaca Commons area. The parking is a little quirky. You use the high rise garage for free which is a block BEFORE the hotel. So after you stop out front you have to back around the block. But after that you can walk to a variety of places for dinner. Get a room high up on the east side of the building for a nice view.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, NY. Also, thank you for the Trip Advisor posting regarding your experience during your recent stay. I will be sharing your review with the entire staff as we take great pride in providing our guests with an excellent product and services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Liverpool, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

On our 30th anniversary tour and I lost my wedding band at the hotel. I was in the fitness center and tied it to my shoelace so i didn't damage it lifting weights. To make a long story short, halfway to Toronto, I noticed my ring was missing and panicked. I had untied my sneakers and forgot about the ring.

I called the hotel and talked to Ian at the front desk. He said he'd get right on it.
Well, we got about 50 miles further and I just had to pull over and find out the results. I called the hotel and asked to speak with the manager. Ian answered and asked if I was the guy with the missing ring. He said "I have it in my hand." WHEW!

Needless to say, they could have made some extra holiday cash, but they took the high road and got my ring back to me.

A great place to stay. Especially room 842! What a view!

Thanks to the staff!

Room Tip: ask for room 842.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your great review! We appreciate all of your advice and tips on our hotel. I am so glad we were able to find your wedding ring and get it back you. I know how I would feel if I had lost my wedding ring. We are very happy to be able to accommodate you. I am going to share your review with all of our departments and again, thank you for all that you wrote. Hopefully we will see you back at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ithaca on your next trip. Happy travels to you.
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night. The room was comfortable and the beds were cozy. Amenities are available in the lobby. The last time we stayed at this hotel breakfast was included. However, this time one had to purchase a breakfast plan that is intended for two persons. However, there were three in our party so we declined. We then ate breakfast in a bagel restaurant across the street. Parking is conveniently located across the street and is free. Valet parking is also available. We would definitely stay at this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: All room are located from the 6th to the 9th floor and are very quiet. All rooms have excellent view...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, NY. Ithaca has many great places to see. And being located across from the Commons makes for a central location for guests to stay and enjoy all that Ithaca has to offer. We hope you will continue to use Hilton Garden Inns as your lodging of choice.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Centrally located in downtown Ithaca, close to restaurants and the Commons, this hotel is sure to be a popular choice of business travellers. I found the room less than comfortable -- bathroom was small and could have used an update; lacking humidity (in late November) made the room unusually dry, staticy; additionally, some dtreet noise could be heard in the early morning as nearby bars began closing, water from other nearby rooms' toilet function could be heard at all hours. Smaller annoyances (which tend to add up when travelling on business): the television reception was poor, necessitating a call to maintenance and a cabel changed; the bedside phone required that the cord be held into the handset in order to function without disconnection. When booking directly with Hilton, as I did, note that breakfast buffet is about $10 (sans gratuity) if not included in your room rate. Valet parking was effortless, efficient, and inexpensive. Overall, average value but likely one of the better properties available in central Ithaca.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your kind words and feedback in regards to the items needing attention in your room. I've alerted our maintenance team to fix the issues, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. We are currently working on additional soundproofing measures and hope this will cut down on the noise issues you encountered. We are glad you found our location convenient for your activities in town and invite you back to stay with us the next time you return to the area for an improve experience.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was my third time staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ithaca and each time it has been fantastic. The hotel is practically brand new and is well-maintained. The rooms are spacious and what you'd expect from a Hilton Garden Inn. The staff was tremendously helpful, from Melissa, one of the managers who assisted with my reservations to Lisa who checked me in, they made sure I was comfortable and aware of the amenities offered by the hotel. During this particular visit, the City of Ithaca had closed the garage for maintenance, so they told me exactly where to park. Fortunately, I didn't have to use my car much, so it was not an inconvenience for me, but they had a shuttle to get me what I needed. One of my favorite aspects from the hotel is that there's a 24 hour "pantry" in the lobby so you don't even have to leave the property to get what you need.

I come to Ithaca at least once a year and whenever I'm in town, there is no question that I'll be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I just stayed overnight at the hotel for a second time. The rooms are everything you would expect from Hilton. The only problem I encountered was the parking. Usually, you can park right across the street but because the lot is undergoing construction you have to walk. Not too far, but it is an inconvenience. The hotel does offer a shuttle, but that can be an inconvenience as well. Overall, the hotel was very nice. Plush bedding, clean rooms & accommodating staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your great review! We appreciate all of your advice and tips on the hotel and area to the other travelers who are sure to read our reviews. We find many travelers like yourself stopping here as we are a central location to the Ithaca Commons and we are very happy to be able to accommodate you. I am going to share your review with all of our departments and again, thank you for all that you wrote. Hopefully we will see you back at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ithaca on your next trip. Happy travels to you.
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

So this was our second time staying here - both stays were consistently great. We were welcomed back which being almost a year apart left a warming impression on us. The gentleman who checked us in was very polite and informative. Annie (I think I have her name right), one of the servers in the Breakfast Room is a perfect example of what tops off a hotel stay - she served us last year too and always went out of her way to make sure our breakfast was exceptional and treated the other guests with the same care. We ordered Room Service again for dinner from the Irish Pub on site - great food and friendly staff. Overall, the hotel is the perfect location for visiting Ithaca and the surrounding area - we'll be back for sure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Webbedfeet
Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, NY. Also, thank you for the TripAdvisor posting regarding your experience during your recent stay. I will be sharing your review with the entire staff as we take great pride in providing our guests with an excellent product and services.

We hope you will continue to use Hilton Garden Inns as your lodging of choice, and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Ithaca.