“Cozy, well-located, next to Starbucks!”

Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Cozy, well-located, next to Starbucks!”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights and was very happy with my stay. Other than the coffee/tea in the room, there is also complimentary coffee and tea near the check-in area (which is a lovely touch when you get off a tiring flight and you are a little too tired to boil your own water...) Otherwise, there's Starbucks and a few other lovely coffee stores-- no shortage of caffeine in this area. The wifi can be accessed in the room or the lounge without the cumbersome need for a password! The beds were comfortable and though the bathroom did not have toothpaste, they readily delivered one when I asked. Perfect for visiting Cornell.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank emaleth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Seattle, WA
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Although it can be difficult to get a reservation here during the popular weekends for Cornell/Ithaca College events, I try to plan ahead so I can stay here when I can. The location in downtown Ithaca can't be beat - there are great restaurants and a few shops within walking distance, and it's also convenient to have a Starbucks and a restaurant/pub right downstairs. You can get breakfast at the hotel, with omelets made to order and the usual buffet style breakfast items, but unless it's included in my rate (in the past I seemed to get coupons for this when I checked in), I don't pay the $10, but just go to Starbucks instead. Being in downtown Ithaca means I can walk up the hill if I'm feeling ambitious to get to Collegetown, or more likely, have an easy drive up to pick my daughter up at her apartment there. Things I love about the hotel itself - comfortable beds and clean, nicely decorated rooms, and the beautiful view from some of them (ask for a view of Cornell!), the complimentary tea/coffee provided by the check-in area, microwave and mini fridge in the room, and of course, the free wifi access. Everything adds up to a comfortable stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 8th or 9th floor with a view of the Cornell Clock tower or museum!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed March 15, 2012

My son's significant other is a grad student at Cornell... so we are lucky to visit 2 or 3 times a year. The Hilton Garden Inn in Ithaca is the best, most convenient place to stay if you want to be in the center of Ithaca. Cornell is just up the hill, the lake is within walking distance, one or two-block walk to great restaurants and shopping. The hotel staff is polite and professional and work to please guests. The hotel is new and clean and very well kept. Even parking is very convenient. The hotel serves breakfast, but a Starbucks is in the building and Collegetown Bagels is just a block away (great choice). While there visit the Moosewood Restaurant (good food, but pricy) and the Guitar Workshop (if you are into stringed instruments). Wouldn't consider any other hotel in Ithaca.

Room Tip: Make certain they know what you want - book on-line but call to make sure they know what you want...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank marcdonahue
Lyme, NH
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We needed a place last-minute, found them on Google Maps on a smart phone, and called.

Friendly staff, great room, adjustable bed (though we were too tired to try it), quiet room, microwave, fridge, and lots of power outlets for gadget freaks. (And Wifi which doesn’t need a password! What a concept!)

I made the mistake of phoning for a reservation, and paid about $250 (with tax) for one night. Internet rates seem lower, as they do for many hotels. For me, Value rating is only middling — a smarter shopper might get better value.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I would recommend this hotel. Comfortable, clean and convenient.

• Stayed February 2012
Washington, DC
Reviewed February 2, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here at least a dozen times over the last four years and have never had a complaint. The staff are friendly and helpful and actually remember us. The rooms are nicely decorated, spacious enough, and clean, the beds are comfortable, and you can't beat the hotel's convenience and value. You're in walking distance of Simeon's and Mahogany Grill and there's a Starbucks right in the building.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank cbr79
JerryArsen, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Hilton Garden Inn Ithaca. I will be sharing your review with the entire staff as we take great pride in providing our guests with an excellent product and services.

We hope you will continue to use Hilton Garden Inns as your lodging of choice, and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Ithaca

Jerry A
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I was very disturbed to find what appeared to be minute blood stains and several dessicated bedbug carcasses on the bedding when I opened the curtains in the morning. I hadn't noticed them the evening before, probably due to the low lighting from the room lights. Neither my wife nor I had any bites, but we did discover several more carcasses around the edges of the bathroom floor. Since neither of us had any bites, I suspect they have an active control program. Follow up should include a more thorough inspection of the room. If management wishes to look, it was room 738.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank UsingPoints
It is with great concern that I am writing this reply to your review. I am absolutely astonished that this is the first time I am hearing anything about this. We utilize regular room inspections with a pest control company and all rooms are treated as a preventive measure as well as having my entire housekeeping staff trained to monitor for bed bugs that can be brought in by guests. As the Hotel General Manager, I go above and beyond my competitors to ensure that my staff is trained and our rooms are inspected every time a guest checks out . I'd love to talk with you further, and I certainly would welcome a phone call at any time to discuss this issue.