“Like, It Was Scenic, Like It was Hilly, Like......”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cornell University

Ithaca Waterfalls Sightseeing Tour from NYC
Ranked #2 of 59 things to do in Ithaca
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Like, It Was Scenic, Like It was Hilly, Like......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

This is an absolutely beautiful campus. Weather was picture perfect the day we were there. Summer session must have been in session as there were a number of students on campus, many enjoying the sunny weather.

Cornell is Ivy League and I'm sure it's difficult to gain admission. Surprisingly, we were stunned by the number of "students" who could not utter a sentence without the word "like' inserted every other word. Quite amazing for a student body of that professed intellect.

2 Thank Kruezr

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A rainy day at an Ivy league school”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

t was raining when we took a personal tour of the university. So we were not inclined to walk the entire campus which is both beautiful and large. One of the nicest spots on the campus is the law quad, which was closed off to foot traffic due to construction. I grew up in Ithaca, and had not been back for over twenty years, so seeing Cornell again was important for me, and my wife, who, being a Southerner, wanted to visit every tourist sight in Upstate NY. See the campus on a sunny day, Visit the college town shopping area, and look down into the Ithaca gorge , that bisects the campus. You will never want to leave.

Walnut Creek, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Definitely worth a first visit and return visits”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I remember my first visit. I took a terrific student led tour and was very impressed. I recently returned to Ithaca and got a look at all the changes. A very impressive and beautiful campus. Well worth the time to visit if you are in the area.

Visited October 2013
Dallas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Cornell - Ithaca's Crowning Glory”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Cornell is a must-see if you travel to Ithaca. The campus is beautiful any time of year and the hotel on campus is awesome; run by the students at the School of Hotel Management within Cornell. My son is a "Hotelie" and loves Cornell. We have been to several baseball games and a hockey game... all super fun! The students have always been helpful and pleasant and seem to be proud to attend such a great school. The food in the cafeterias is good with local and vegan offerings, as well as foods unique to many cultures. Much of the campus housing is new and very nice. Not at all like when I was in college. There is a great golf course adjoining campus, gardens, farm, and a seemingly close connection to the farm and foodie community. The restaurants and bars in Ithaca are pretty good considering the small town and the Cayuga Lakes area is very cool with wineries everywhere. I have stayed on the campus, in downtown Ithaca and rented a lake house on Cayuga Lake. All good choices and I would recommend every one.

Visited April 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

I'm always amazed that Cornell's campus is more beautiful than many state parks and other nature preserves I've been to. Also, great school and great facilities.