“Delightful, a Reliably Lovely Choice”
Review of Coal Yard Cafe

Coal Yard Cafe
Ranked #51 of 261 Restaurants in Ithaca
Arlington, Virginia
“Delightful, a Reliably Lovely Choice”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

My family and I (including lots of kids) had lunch at the cafe and we all loved it. We came on a Friday, which is their weekly fish fry day, and were thoroughly pleased with everything. We sat outside on the patio, which was charming. The fish fry was tasty and I ordered a terrific nicoise salad as well as the daily soup on offer, which was a Hungarian mushroom (all from scratch). Everyone was very pleased with their meals and the cafe staff was friendly and fast. I can't say enough great things about this gem. It is quaint, cozy, and as a Cornell alum, my kids were able to eat lunch on top of Ezra Cornell's office safe--truly unique. We will be back.

• Visited July 2014

Ithaca, New York
“I love this place!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

I first ate here when I started working across the street and have been very happy with everything I've had. I've been eating there 2-3 times a week for several months and find that everything starts with quality ingredients and is prepared with care. Even their hummus sandwich is great (get it on peasant bread)! The breakfast burrito is wonderful, as are all the egg-based items. I hear great things about the Friday fish fry, but being a vegetarian I haven't tried it. Bacon seems to appear regularly in specials. For simple, well-prepared food, this place can't be beat.

Ithaca, New York
“Perfect for breakfast or a coffee break ...”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Quality cafe, charming set-up with outdoor seating -- the location is the cherry on top. Serves a lot of working people in Cornell establishments nearby.

• Visited May 2014