“Delicious food, Quick service, Reasonable Prices, Grody Men's Room”

Taste of Thai Express
Ranked #34 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2013

My kids recommended this place to us before a Big Red hockey contest, after a bad Thai experience on the left coast. Place is seemingly always busy, and the servers are semi-attentive (but what does one expect with transient college kids?). Tables in the dining area are crowded together making intimate conversation impossible.

Food is served very quickly, but is tasty, hot and fresh. Prices are surprisingly low for Ithaca. Only detractor is the men's rest room. Tiny, crowded, filthy with urine stains on the walls.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I love this place. They are so quick when you order online. The Pad Thai is delicious. The thing that I love the best are the lime sodas!! Yumm. Price is very good for the quality and speed.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were here on a Sunday afternoon and the restaurant was about half full. We were seated immediately by one of the 2 servers. He brought water but no menus. We had to ask for a high chair for our very small daughter and the server replied "Awesome". Odd? We ordered our appetizers and after he dropped them off he wandered off again without taking our entree order. Other than that he was fairly attentive and even gave my husband a fist bump for finishing his meal, again, odd.The food was good not great. I have never understood why the food industry thinks it is a good idea to leave the tails on shrimp when they are in a sauce. The Tom Yum soup was ok but had no vegetables in it, just the seafood, which was frozen, and then overcooked. My dish the scallops were cooked perfectly but there were huge pieces of red pepper and no knife to cut them into manageable pieces. My husband's green curry was good but had too much coconut milk for my taste. My daughter's fried rice was very good. Overall it was just ok.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I arrived around 2 pm on a Saturday afternoon. It didn't seem overly busy, but it still took 10 minutes to get water and then another 5 - 10 for before our server took our order. During the order process, the server wasn't unfriendly, but he certainly wasn't helpful either. Once our order was in, we had to wait quite a while for our appetizers and then only one of them came. We had long finished our spring rolls before the other appetizer arrived. While waiting, the table behind us got up and left because they had been sitting so long without anyone attending to them. I don't think their complaints made it beyond the girl at the desk.

When the food finally came, I notified the server that one of the dishes had the wrong protein. At first he tried to say that he heard "mock chicken", not tofu, but when he finally checked his order pad, he realized he had brought us the completely wrong dish. Apparently he had grabbed one of our plates and one from someone else's order. He quickly returned it to the kitchen and brought our other dish out. The food did taste good, but the top layer was luke warm at best, which meant it had been sitting. During the meal, our water glasses were never refilled; they were both empty when we left.

Generally we go to Tamarind, but given all of the high reviews for this restaurant, we thought we'd check it out. We definitely won't be back. We thought the menu diversity was a little better at Taste of Thai, but the food and service are better at Tamarind!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The restaurant is small, but the food is very good.There is a small parking lot which can get pretty busy at times. We found street parking nearby. Atmosphere was relaxed and people seemed to be enjoying their time and food. Service was friendly, efficient, and helpful. Food was nicely spiced and well portioned; many vegetarian options. This is a place I will definitely visit again.