“Great breakfast but horrible location.”
Review of Cafe Dewitt

Cafe Dewitt
Ranked #41 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The breakfast is perfect, fresh, innovative, nicely prepared, excellent everything. I love the bread baskets and jams. This is my favorite Ithaca breakfast but I cannot stand the location. It is in the dark gross basement of the Dewitt mall. No windows, weird fish tanks, shoppers walking by and staring at the tables. Weird. I so wish they would move. The restaurant seems to only be open on some days only in the mornings and then gets packed up. Waitresses are super nice but even that doesn't help how uncomfortable it is to eat breakfast in that weird location.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Cafe Dewitt has a large breakfast/brunch selection and the omelette I had was light, fluffy with a delicious filling. The atmosphere is college casual and pleasant, not at all fancy, but it was one of the best places to eat that we found in Ithaca.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

My friend and I have gone there for years. Great staff, consistently delicious and interesting food, very pleasant atmosphere.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

I love Cafe Dewitt! I go here almost every weekend with my boyfriend because we live right up the road. We have tried almost everything on the menu and except for one dish, it's all been delicious. I can't really tell the difference, but my boyfriend's only complaint is that the coffee could be better.

The only reason I give it 4 stars is because there are a lot of places like Cafe Dewitt in big cities, but for Ithaca it is certainly special. The owner, a German lady, is really great. I saw her speak at Standard Art Supply and it was great to learn more about her philosophy on food and nourishment.

Most definitely a better place to go to than Moosewood (nobody paid me to write that)!

Definitely try the "energy drink," it's like a delicious green smoothie!

Reviewed March 5, 2012

great desserts, something for everyone for breakfast & lunch