“Perfect!”

Ranked #15 of 261 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Heights Restaurant and H Bar was established in 1995 by Culinary Institute of America graduate James Larounis and his wife Heidi. We are located in the Village of Cayuga Heights, one mile from the center of Cornell University. The restaurant has a casual, contemporary atmosphere and features Mediterranean-inspired American cuisine. We place the utmost value on our seasonal menus and on sourcing locally. We also take great pride in our wine list which includes over 400 bottle selections from the United States and international regions, and over 20 wines by the glass. The Heights Restaurant and H Bar has been a Wine Spectator award winner since 1999.
NY
“Perfect!”
Reviewed March 22, 2009

I have eaten here for years. I have never been disappointed, and they change the menu seasonally. They use free-range meats, and locally grown produce. The wine cellar is deep and the staff is knowledgeable and engaging. The service is outstanding.

San Francisco
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely exceptional in both quality and presentation!”
Reviewed March 21, 2009

As visitors from San Francisco we have always made the Heights a must when in Ithaca. Always a five star experience! Make sure you make your reservations early.

1 Thank Cornellmom
Rochester
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place for a Special Occasion”
Reviewed December 18, 2008

I recently brought my wife here for our one year anniversary. It was a weekday towards the end of the night; we did not experience a dinner rush. Everything about the place was great. The service was thoughtful and attentive. The food was amazing, meaning this was the best place I have dined in upstate NY and it could easily rival the majority of NYC restaurants I have been to. There is enough variety on the menu and it is accompanied by an extensive but neatly laid out wine list. Dishes are generally American fare (steaks and cuts) but they are accompanied by a fusion of different global cultural dishes and experimental items. I ordered the beef tenderloin and my wife ordered the rib eye. I was blown away by how perfectly cooked the cuts were. The taste was impeccable. The portions they give you are full, you definitely get what you pay for. The lighter items accompanied the flavor of the meat, adding texture and other flavors that you would not experience at a normal cut and dry steak restaurant. For dessert my wife and I shared the lava souffle. It was delicious and warm. Unlike a lot of mainstream desserts, I was able to eat this without feeling the need to stop from a sugar overload. Overall this restaurant perfectly justifies its higher prices. Do not come here if you are looking to skimp with money and complain about a servers nit pick imperfections. Do come if you are looking for real food that combines the best of America and adds a real authentic & artistic twist to it.

1 Thank JazzpeRR
New York
“Best there is.”
Reviewed October 14, 2008

Simply the best there is. Period. The owner and chef are the greatest people I have ever met. They were all cordial and friendly. Food was piquant and vibrant with a Mediterranean style. If you want to have the meal of your life, eat at the Heights Cafe & Grill.

1 Thank JackBauer2493
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Fine dining. Interesting...”
Reviewed September 23, 2008

Fine dining. Interesting menu. Random location.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook