“Top shelf dining”

Ranked #7 of 272 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Heights Restaurant and H Bar was established in 1995 by Culinary Institute of America graduate James Larounis and his wife Heidi. We are located in the Village of Cayuga Heights, one mile from the center of Cornell University. The restaurant has a casual, contemporary atmosphere and features Mediterranean-inspired American cuisine. We place the utmost value on our seasonal menus and on sourcing locally. We also take great pride in our wine list which includes over 400 bottle selections from the United States and international regions, and over 20 wines by the glass. The Heights Restaurant and H Bar has been a Wine Spectator award winner since 1999.
Reviewed January 31, 2013

James has a nack for preparing some of the tastiest foods in the area. I particularly like his sweet breads. Coming from the CIA, he creates dishes which dance in your mouth and give your taste buds a reason to cheer.

2  Thank Paul T

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have been to this restaurant many times. The food is always good and the chef is quite imaginative, but the portions have been getting bigger and bigger, to the point that I find the dinners to be overwhelming. I prefer to go for lunch, when I can be served a manageable plate. I know that many others like to bring leftovers home with them, but this is something I don't like to do. I would rank the Heights 5 stars if the portions were better managed.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Arguable the best restaurant in Ithaca. The atmosphere and menu are the most cosmopolitan among its competitors in the area. I always enjoy the Heights' full filleted fish.

1  Thank Lindsay B
Reviewed January 7, 2013

By far this is the best restaurant in Ithaca and the surrounding area. It is a lovely, small spot with excellent service and extraordinary preparations of even standard menu items. It is the one place I can have a hamburger and be transported to a better place. The steak salad always pleases and the daily specials are soooo tempting, The short ribs are wonderful and tender, scallops are to die for. Really everything is delicious I've had there and we like to stop for lunch on a regular basis.

1  Thank ShellsEastCoast
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Caspers Farm highly recommended this restaurant and it did not disappoint. Our waiter was attententive, we had a quiet corner table. There was nothing we disliked.

1  Thank Aldora W